Librarium Online Forums banner

Lizard Item question

941 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  BluPlague 
#1 ·
That magic item that lets you store dice for the next magic phase, casting or dispel, they can only be for that same roll, casting or dispel, right? Reason I ask cause I think my friend is saving his casting dice for my round of casting as dispel dice, that can't be right.

#2 ·
The item in question is called the diadem of power. It lets you store up to two dice until the next magic phase. So if you saved 2 power dice, then then would "bank" until the your opponents magic phase and become dispel dice. It can also save up to 2 dispel dice and allow them to be used as power dice.

#7 ·
I wouldnt say its broken, dont a fair few races have similar items. Dont the empire have a "rod" of power? (Diadem beats rod hands down on the name front). On paper it seems pretty cool but only if you are concentrating on magic offense or defence. If you have to use all your DD and PD every turn it is 35 points down the drain.

#9 ·
Well High elves have a magic item that steals a power die away from your opponent and adds it to the dispel pool of the high elf player, vampire counts have a magic item were they can store one unused dispel or power die from either player and carry it to the next phase. Wood elves and orcs and goblins have an item that allows them to use a free dispel die if there opponent uses 3 or more power dice to cast a spell. So about half the races have something that can do something similar to what the diadem can do.

Just because it makes his casting phase or dispel phase a little easier doesn't make the item cheesy or beardy. I'm sure if you had an item similar to this you would be calling it that, so suck it up and deal with it, and stop complaining about things because they aren't always in your favour

#11 ·
Your right, it is broken, storing dice to carry over to the next magic phase is going to over power that level 2 skink priest.... oh no, now he can cast second sign and a thunderbolt???? :0

I field rarely field skink priests in an army, they just dont cut it for magic. In my current list I field one lv 2 with 2 scrolls, Just as a minor inconvience for my opponent. The LM army is quite capable of beating you without magic. 2 magic dice just wont make a difference. If your really worried about something being "broken" wait til your friend breaks out the 2nd gen Slann and dominates both yours and his magic phases 8Y

#12 ·
At the point I wouldnt even bother with magic other than using scrolls carriers. I'm not an idiot, I just feel that 5 dispel dice is just wrong with on character at a 1000pt game. I'd like to think casting magic is part of the game but I rarely see its use anymore because of the new casting rules--only made worse by these items. Yes anyone can beat anyone without magic, but whats the point of magic if you can't cast it? Based on Game Theory's Nash Equilibruim, every army should take the most effective anti-magic measures, therefore both side would rarely cast.

#13 ·
Does this person field this list often when you play agasint him? If so, dont take any magic in that game, let him waste the 135 on the setup.

There are alot of the things i dont like in this game, but i dont complain about them. I regularly play against my friend who plays VC, in every game he fields 2 banshees. One game, his banshee screamed at one of my stegadons and killed it out right. he rolled double 6's and after randoms he killed the steggy and 2 of the crew from one banshee. a sub 100 point model killed something worth almost 2 and a half times its cost. i sucked it up, its the nature of the game really, there is no true balance between armies, bc then it wouldnt be fun.

#14 ·
Certain lizardmen armies just dominate the Magic phase. That is how it works. You will be better in another area, be it more bodies, faster, better in assault, better with artillery, etc. But don't expect to be able to do much against an intense magic Lizardmen army, magic wise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.