New to Lizardmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Lizardmen

Hi im new to lizardmen and i want to create a starting 500pts list which i could paint in my spare time. Does anyone have any sugestions on wat i shuld buy??

Im always 2 steps a head and one step behind you!

Your mind is a maze and only you have the map. (I lost mine years ago.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by throkkenn View Post
    Hi im new to lizardmen and i want to create a starting 500pts list which i could paint in my spare time. Does anyone have any sugestions on wat i shuld buy??
    I'm not too familiar with lizardmen but there's a list in the border patrol article that seems like a good starting point. You can find it here.

From lists that I've played, skinks seem to be the way to go.

I would recommend buying a box of skinks and having a go painting them to see if you like them. The army book helps too.
    Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could go with skinks, or you could go with saurus warriors. I have had good success with saurus warriors.

It depends on what your personal prefernce is, personally I have never been a fan of individually moving 100 models .

A 500 pt army of mixed skinks and sarus could look something like this:

Scar-vet
    GW, LA
    Jag. CHarm

2 units of 10 Saurus, with champion

2 units of 10 Skinks with bpipes.

Cheap army to build, although im not sure how effective it would be, I usually run multiple units of 15 saurus. But its a start, if oyu dont have it already, get the army book and read through it and see what you like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, first get yourself an army book and read the whole thing cover to cover (okay, skip the story if you desire). Make sure that you glance at unit and army special rules (ie. cold-blooded and blowpipes).

Looking at the army build page will tell you what is bare minimum for the point value you are looking for.

You need at least one hero.
    Most choose scar-vet. He's definitely a good leader for your army.

After you have the minimum units, you can choose the optional ones. If you chose saurs as your core, then you won't have too many more points left. But you will have a lot of staying power. If you choose skinks, then you'll have more points, but you'll have to find something to make up for your lack of combat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

A decent starter usually for most armies is the battalion box. I don't know much about Lizardmen, however.

Tekore

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Battalion + army book + some sort of general = you're away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by BluPlague View Post
    Well, first get yourself an army book and read the whole thing cover to cover (okay, skip the story if you desire).
    you cant NOT read the stories!!!!! are you mad!!?? man thats the best place to get inspiration and ideas for armys!!!! omg ><

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok for the army.. well ive never played lizardmen, ive played against them a few times but they are much too .. well.. weird for me. The BEST way to start an army, is to buy an army book, read the WHOLE thing, if you dont understand some of it ask people. then once you have an idea what you like the look of, buy a hero model, paint him, give him a cool name, dont spend too many points on him, and then buy some basic troops as support, ive been told that 2 boxes of skinks and a box of saurus warriors is a good start. make sure to use some contrasting colors aswell, the last thing you wanto do is finish a unit and then realize the color scheme looks horrible!! and trust me, ive done that.. not a good place to start
    Last edited by battlefever; February 8th, 2008 at 13:43.

+ Reply to Thread