a bit of help? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: a bit of help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a bit of help?

i got good advice from some players a bit ago but since the news that most of my good stuff i cant use i havent been doing well. so i need tactical advice against skaven and orcs and goblins relly bad

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by slann13 View Post
    i got good advice from some players a bit ago but since the news that most of my good stuff i cant use i havent been doing well. so i need tactical advice against skaven and orcs and goblins relly bad
    First off, what exactly is proving difficult? What do the enemy armies look like, comp wise?

Second, you need to capitalize those first words of sentences, my slimy, slaanish friend. Makes posts easier to read.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Indeed, give us a bit more information on what's going wrong in your games and what you/your opponent's army comp looks like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the orc player has a shamen some warriors and a squig herd and also a chariot.

The skaven player has two regiments of clanrats some stormvermin and a warlord

What goes wrong in my battles is that the orc player's shamen seems to outdo myskink priest and my saurus get a bit over run cause of how much they cost. and my saurus cavalry keep geting killed by my enemys chariot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Use Salamanders against Skaven. Try to break up their lines. Your Saurus blocks should easily be able to take on their units in one-on-one fights, so your biggest priority is to keep him from flanking you. Stegadons can also work well. Either way, you definitely want to fill your Rare slots.

2. Don't forget you can flee from charges. Likewise, don't forget that your opponent can flee from charges.

3. Skink Priests are not going to win you the magic phase. Either use a Slann (and I could write pages about that) or go the bare minimum. I'd recommend a scroll caddy: lvl 1 Priest with two Dispel Scrolls.

4. Kroxigors are amazing. They're overkill on T3 chumps, but so what? A squad of four averages five kills per round of combat, barring ward saves. Keep them behind a skink screen until the last minute, then use their M6 to get a charge in. Alternatively, things that hit with WS3 S3 are not much threat, and you may want to "let" yourself be charged by them.

5. Know how your army works. Saurus have great morale: they don't panic and do rally. Skinks are just the opposite: they will panic and have a good chance of running off the board before they rally. Keeping your general near your skink squads is a must. If you deploy some skinks away from your general, try to make them big.

6. Skinks are terrible in close combat. No, really. Get used to fleeing with them whenever a "real" combat unit tries to charge. Their ranged attacks are okay (I prefer javelins to blowpipes- the 2x shots is not as useful as you might think due to the -1 to hit). However, their best use is in their mobility. Use skinks to screen your other units from missile fire, not just your Kroxies. Use their M6 to maneuver around enemy units, get into their flanks and rear, and then be annoying by dancing around peppering them with poisoned shots. But don't try to flank/rear charge; remember how skinks are terrible in close combat? It's true. You will lose. I've lost skink units to skaven slaves, for crying out loud.

7. Know how your opponent's army works. Ask to read their army book sometime (not during a game, that's just rude). Figure out what their weaknesses are. Skaven and Orcs both suffer from some Leadership problems; exploit that. Heavy Infantry tends to be hard to use; while they are effective, they often aren't effective enough to be worth their points. Kroxigors are good here, since they don't care how much toughness or armor the other guys have.

8. With the Cavalry, you really need to get the flank charge. Heavy Cav is nice, especially with Fear, but you can't expect to break a ranked up unit with a front charge. Get around the sides. I'm not sure why you have problems with an enemy chariot. You can march, he can't. Use that to ensure that you get the charge instead of him. Chariots are overpriced hunks of wood if you manage to charge them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice! i beat the crap out of my enemys:party: my salemander killed tons of orcs and clanrats8Y

+ Reply to Thread