lizardmen advice for a noob - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lizardmen advice for a noob

hello everyone,

i recently started a new lizardmen army and could really do with some advice and tactical knowledge on how best to expand this force so far i have

-saurus scar veteran riding a cold one(could be used as a old blood)
    -2 skink Preists(i normally use one as a lv2 and one as a lv1)
    -8 Saurus cavarlry
    -24 saurus warriors
    -24 skink skirmishers(ive been using these as two groups of 12)

as you can see this the mere foundations for my army and i would like to hear some feedback and where people would go from here im thinking maybe a slann mage but the point cost is putting me of.Also maybe a unit of terradons more fast moving stuf maybe.Any way ill let you lot have a gander and see what you think

Cheers :drinking:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ps

forgot to mention i planning on ending up with around a 4000 point force if that helps people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Well if you are planning on 4000 pts. then you will probably be in the market for pretty much the entire army book. You have the basis for a very good close combat force started. As far as a priority list goes I would say Terradons, Kroxigors, and Salamanders should be your next purchases. When expanding the force above 2000 I would definitely consider the Slann as he is hands down the best magic user in the game. As for my three suggestions, their priority depends on who you are facing. If you go up against war machines or lone wizards the Terradons will serve very well for getting to them quickly although you can also use scouting skinks in that capacity. The Salamanders are deadly against low toughness, low armor foes(Orcs & Goblins, Beasts, Elven infantry, etc..) and are really our only ranged option outside of skinks and the Stegadon. The Kroxigors are beasts in CC and they can usually get there unscathed because of the skink screen rule. I tend to like them in groups of 4 and better than Cavalry, although it is a close decision. The screen rule and the non-stupidity put Krox over the top for me. My suggestion would be to get the Salamanders first and then Kroxigors with some more skinks so that you can use them for screening and scouting. If you are using one unit of Krox you could have one unit of screening skinks and one unit of scouting skinks so you may not even need more skinks at this point. Personally I like skinks and use 3-4 units in my army but that is personal preference as well. Hope this helped out and I am sure you will get more good(and probably different) advice soon. This is a relatively active forum, just one of the many reasons I like it here. Enjoy the Lizardmen.

+ Reply to Thread