lizardmen counter to new VC bloodknights? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lizardmen counter to new VC bloodknights?

In a 3000 point game vs. Vampire Counts that is going to be relatively loaded with probably 2 units of 10 VC blood knights what should I do about this? I tend to go with slann as my lord, and i'm afraid to be in combat with those knights I heard they are as nasty as chaos chosen knights and those are rather unpleasant to deal with. Army makeup and tactics advice to counter this anyone?

thanks,
    ~Lanntis

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Flank them (perhaps sacrificing a small unit [skinks are ideal] to set it up), charge them with Kroxigor or a JSoD, hit them with a juicy spell, Salamander them (depending on their armour save and toughness, I don't have the new VC book) or just ignore them.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

They have frenzy so you could try to use this to your advantage with a FSoD or a JSoD, or a unit of chameleons or scouting skinks. Charge them in the flank and they will have less attacks back and at a lower strength (but still enough to hurt)

Salamanders won't do much, but having said that, anything they do kill is a lot of points since BK ar so expensive.

It amuses me when people give the "just ignore it" tactic. Yup, just ignore those two units of ten BK...they can't hit that hard...can they? ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

get a unit of 4 kroxigors with a scar-vet with great weapon and gleaming pendant of chotec, stick yourself right infront of the unit, they might think it is a bit fishy, but frenzy will make them charge.
    Make sure you have enough DD for his corpse cart and vanhel ASF spells, but he will think he already is I am guessing, then destroy him with 16 S7 attacks.
    Tee hee he won't be so happy then will he.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Nice idea, but the trouble with that is that the gleaming pendant of chotec can only be activated in the lizardmen players turn, so you can't use it the turn he charges you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonehambey View Post
    Nice idea, but the trouble with that is that the gleaming pendant of chotec can only be activated in the lizardmen players turn, so you can't use it the turn he charges you
    One day I'm going to shoot a bullet though your head, oh I do hate you so.
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I'm over it, but I still hate you( just kidding)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonehambey View Post
    It amuses me when people give the "just ignore it" tactic. Yup, just ignore those two units of ten BK...they can't hit that hard...can they? ^_^
    Many players get rock hard units simply to distract or divert the attention of the player (as well as the killiness). Also, there is no point in concentrating your attention on a unit your can't deal with anyway (of course, if you CAN deal with them you should not ignore them).

After being told they are frenzied I would highly suggest either charging terradons in their rear/flank to get them to overrun away from you or into terrain or bait them into a dangerous situation with skinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two Slanns and take Lore of Metal. Spirit of the forge will be doing str6 hits no armour save and negating regen if they have the banner. Even the basic lore of metal spell will cause hurt at Blood Knights cost.

Combine this with baiting them using skinks and/or terradons and then charging them with a stegadon or my favourite Kroxigors.

Meanwhile you should focus destroying other units with things like sallies and saurus units.

Take a 2nd gen slann and stick him in a big unit of temple guard, make him your BSB and give him totem of prophecy.

If he relies on magic to set up charges etc take the Cube of Darkness on a skink and give the skink a blessed mark of the old ones. That could ruin a turn for him ^^.

Distillation of molten silver would be nice against any Vhargulfs and using a skink for line of sight you can take out any flying or scouting vampires that try get behind your lines.

A JSOD would be a useful threat against black coaches.
    Last edited by Kich; April 20th, 2008 at 10:09.

+ Reply to Thread