Kroq-gar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kroq-gar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Kroq-gar

I think that kroq-gar is quite cool, but I was wondering if you could use him in a southlands or sacred spawning list, to give his army a bit more tactical thinking then be 'stupid, then charge'.

Hope you can help, thanks in advance.

And why does he have a spear sticking up from his ass (not sure if I can say that)???

Last edited by very_original; April 19th, 2008 at 18:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The spear is on his saddle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rules wise, I cannot see any reason for ever taking him.

However, the model is way cool so I'd just use it as a regular old-blood and pimp him up to be an uber-killing machine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would take Kroq-Gar as your army general so you could field Saurus Cavalry units as core...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Kich View Post
    You would take Kroq-Gar as your army general so you could field Saurus Cavalry units as core...
    But Saurus cavalry are to overpriced (only 3 points less then a grail knight!) and only have 3+ saves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye they do have a poor save and a high price Saurus Cavalry but they hit very hard and can be screened with skinks. A big unit of 10 with Huanchis totem can hide behind skinks then use the extra movement to move into combat if they face alot of shooting.

I was just giving a valid reason why you would take Kroq-Gar and to me saurus cav as core is great reason to field him.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

When you see how hard CoR hit, you'll find that they are worth their points cost, if they were any cheaper they would be sick!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Is anybody going to anwer my question? BTW did anyone notice that in the description they call his spear revered BLADE of tlanxla?

And what would be better on the, and I qoute, 'uber-killing machine', scimitar of sun respendant and enchanted shield, or revered blade of tzunki for a tourny?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

giving an old blood scimitar of sun respendant making him deal 7 attacks at WS 6 and Str 5 that's insane don't forget that the attacks of the carnosaur but anyways
    Kroq-gar can't get the scimitar of sun respendant but I think his spear is better because if he wounds and he will they will have to take a a LD test for each wound (IF all the wounds are not on a single unit though) and not to mention the Hand of Gods which is better then the rod of the storms (which can be dispelled) even though they are the only 2 range magic items in the Lizardmen arsenal.

Anyways to answer the question about the sacred spawnings I would go with the Iztl spawning but too bad they don't have one HAHA, just kidding Sotek is all offensive because you want to charge the enemy so take alot of COR and give em sotek so when they charge the rider (only) get +1 attack, Tepok's anti-magic can handle all the magic while you can rely on the strength of Kroq-gar and Cold Ones, the immune to psychology won't work good since COR cause fear already and Kroq-gar has terror, Tzunki is useless except, queztl will make everyone a tank-slow but last longer, and chotec is good for chasing down enemies if you ever win, I would go with either Sotek or Tepok (tepok if you don't have a slann).

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

You can't give CoR the spawning of sotek as far as I'm aware

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast