New Lizardmen player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Lizardmen player

Hi, im new to WHFB and I think that Lizardmen is a good choice for an army. Down at the club where I play WFRP, people play 2000pt games. I wanted to start as well, so here I am. I just came here to get some play advice for a lizzie army. First, I just need some army building tips for starting, then ill get my army list done, and post it for critique. Any advice for playing or getting started would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

First off, let me say that I think you've selected a very good army. I've played many smart LM generals and they always made good use of the lizzies.

You'll get good movement, magical ability, reliable shooting, and solid combat prowess from them. Lizardmen are one of the few armies that excel in all 4 of the key phases of the game.

How much of the army book have you read? What sort of army do you envision? Ranked infantry? Shooting? Strong magic?

What models do you like?

Have you looked at the battalion or army box?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I am quite familiar with the army book, and i think that my kind of army would have a majority saurus units and some skinks. I think I would focus more on the close combat. The Slann Ive heard is one of the best magic users out there, so i think those would be a good choice. The skink priests and saurus scar-vets are good heroes i believe. The Saurus is possibly my favorite model of the whole range, and itll be interesting to paint them like real lizards. Skinks are interesting as well, as they are the more intelligent of the race (whoa, deja vu, Orcs & Goblins much?). I think the whole theme of the lizard/dino style models is what intrigues me. I dont beleive the army box actually exists any more (if it does, please link) but I checked out the battalion and it looks like a good place to start, but I have to ask. How many Ranks/Files do the saurus have (nub question I know, but im new)? Thanks for posting that fast, but Im sorry i took so long (had to watch movie, prior engagements).

+ Reply to Thread