new lizardmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new lizardmen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

new lizardmen

what changes do you think should be made in the new lizardmen book(released in the first quarter of 09) I think they should make temple guard better

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

i'll be keeping an eye on this thread methinks, we don't want this turning into "WE SHOULD HAVE NUKES!" thread now do we

personally i think templeguard are pretty solid in their current state. if anything happens they will be made cheaper and given some extra bonus when with the slann.

lizardmen have faired significantly better than most armies in WFB as far as the passage of time goes and i think we can be sure that GW will follow the tried and tested method of "if it doesn't get used as much, we'll improve it" and in turn "if it gets used too much, we'll nerf it"

as such i think we will see salamanders geting a downgrade, sadly i must say but its to be expected. the most likley answer will be to make them roll to hit. if this doesn't happen, i would think they would stay the same.

Skinks are excellent as they are, and one of GW's best lizardmen selling units. everyone uses them and uses them in large amounts. i doubt we'll see any statistical or rules points change with these guys. if anything they might be made cheaper, but i wouldn't think anything else.

Saurus, now we can be sure Saurus are going to get improved. with chaos warriors the same price as our scaled foot sloggers its clear we will get something to bring these guys in line with other armies troops. likely areas of change include weaponskill, points cost and weapon options. personally, i would love to see some form of strength boosting weapon here. be is great weapons (the gamers choice) or Halberds (my own choice, as halberds are just downright underused in WF.

Kroxigors: new plastic! yay! otherwise? perhaps a slight points drop, rules wise these guys are pretty much fine.

saurus cavalry: again, i think we can be sure of these guys getting some improvements. personally i'd like to see a points drop and allow them to take a single spawning. after all they have the blessed spawning of itzl already, space for one more. besides... can you imagine these guys with the BSo Sotek?

terradons: nothing wrong with these guys in my mind, excellent all round.

chameleon skinks: these guys will probably get a price reduction and some random fancy rule to power them up.

Jungle swarms: a definite points drop here, can't think of anything else though

The Carnosaur: this guy will need some work i reckon, but i bet he'll end up awesome at the end of it ^_^ (i'm guessing higher weapon skill and a better scaley skin save at the very least)

Slan: probably our own lore of magic here. Geomancy would be excellent (earth magic)

thats all i would think of at the moment.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

yeah I think temple guard should become available when there is a magic user not just a slann or else they should be special and made a bit more different to sauras warriors swarms and cchamelion skinks cheaper all in all I agree with above

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets see...

Cheaper swarms, thats a given...

Higher WS on Saurus. They are spawned for war, should have a higher WS than your average human.

I have allways missed the option to take a sacred spawning on COR. Although I probably would not use them as a rare choice, love my salamanders to much for that. It opens some interesting options in a sacred spawning list.

Option to take a diffrent lore on skink priest. Mayby based on the spawning on that particular priest instead of the entire army. Would also love to see our very own lizzardmen lore.

Option to take some sort of useful bound spell that was not a one use item.

Fast cav. Preferably skinks riding some new cool dinosaur species.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I would love to see Salamanders go back to spitting Armor eating Acid. They used to roll a d6 and that was the number of str4 no armor save hits the unit took. One Salamander was a special choice too (maybe they were a 2 for one?) But that would give Kroxigors some competition for special slots.

i have to wonder if Skinks will be going back to bows and be in non-skirmishing units? will Kroxigors be an upgrade to the unit. I didn't play LM in 5th ed but I believe that was an option back then an GW seems to have a trend of bringing elements of "old school" back.

Temple Guard need to be accessed without having to use a Slann. Something like hammerers comes to mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I understand it correctly they stopped using a d6 mainly due to Second Sigth of Amul. It is possible that they may change it back now that it is no longer the default spell in Lore of Heaven.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd definitely prefer cheaper Saurus (both on foot and mounted). Would make a mostly-saurus army more appreciated than before, and maybe even bring them into line with Skink usage as they should be.

Skinks I see getting a points jump (a point or two at most) but they'll still be darn formidable. Anyone think a fast-cavalry addition a necessity for these scalies if they add a skink unit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I reckon the Slann should be made cheaper, as should Swarms- those are 2 overpriced units imo. The Salamanders need to be toned down, say make them roll to hit.

Magic items also have a serious need for a second look.

Modelwise, I think the Saurus should be redone so they look bigger. The current ones look anorexic. The other models are actually pretty good.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Nakkai_the_Wanderer View Post
    Skinks I see getting a points jump (a point or two at most) but they'll still be darn formidable. Anyone think a fast-cavalry addition a necessity for these scalies if they add a skink unit?
    I think plastic Horned One riders are a definite possibility whenever the LM ticket comes up, but I wouldn't expect it very soon. Skink HO riders would most definitely be fast cav.

As far as Skinks getting a point jump, I disagree. I don't think they'll be getting a point reduction either, as working the stats+gear+skirmishers they are right where they should be. I think that a point lower would make them too cheap, and a point higher would definitely be too expensive for such low toughness and leadership.
    Don't bother having anything more than meaningless small talk on this forum, the moderators won't allow it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like a few more unit and hero choices, and more shooty units. Since I play VC and Lizardmen I really can't shoot very much.
    The Rep Thumb is to the left of my post, in case you didn't see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast