New To Lizardmen. Question about Battalion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New To Lizardmen. Question about Battalion

Hello everyone,

As stated in the post title, I am new to Lizardmen and thinking about picking up the Battalion Box Set for starters.

My question is for anyone who has purchased this set. Do the sprues contained within allow you to create all the skinks and/or saurus warriors the same way?

Example, all the skinks with blowpipes or all the saurus with shields and hand weapons. Or does the sprue only allow half and half like shown in the pictures?

Thanks in advance,

Vicious Trend

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

You can defo give all the saurus either hw and shield or spears and shield. However IIRC you have to mix the skinks up a bit. You can give the majority of them your desired weapon though, so it won't affect gameplay.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Its best to have a 50/50 mix of skinks though in general opinion. Use Blowpipe skinks for scouts, and Javelin skinks for a kroxigor screen, assuming you want Krox (which, why wouldnt you, with the new plastic Krox on the way wooo! )

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

nah, blowpipes all the way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanksfor the information and the quick reply.

The skinks were not my major worry as I will want a mix for those depending on my list and opponents.

The saurus on the other hand, I wanted to be sure I could load them all with hand weapon and shield.

EDIT: On a side note, does anyone know an ETA for the new plastic Krox mentioned above?
    Last edited by Vicious_Trend; July 3rd, 2008 at 14:11.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Yeah, not soon enough. hahaha sorry I just found out about them today, but I'm VERY excited to get my hands on one...or three...more....

On a funny note I'm painting one of my old kroxies that looks like it has downs yndrom like barney =] YAY

But to help you out with your skink delema I will vote on the 50/50 blowpipes javalins. Both are highly effective and helpful, though I do prefer blowpipes.
    Eternity Guard (SM) W-15/L-5/D-3
    Lizardmen w16/ L1/ d2 :On hiatus since new rules... =/

+ Reply to Thread