Oxayotl- does anyone know of any rules? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Oxayotl- does anyone know of any rules?

Pretty much what it says on the tin, or at least in the title. Has anyone ever come across any rules for Oxayotl, the chameleon skink special character? I have the model and want to possibly use him in an army.

http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oxayotl was the first chameleon skink in the 5th edition rulebook. He was 102pts with a 5+ scaly skin save (which back then couldnt be lowered past a 6+ by strength modifiers. He had the first version of the chameleon rule (-2 to shoot at) and the first poison dart blowpipe, except he could fire 3 shots at S5 (poison didnt auto-wound if i recall). He also had the chameleon scout rules.
    Statwise he is the equivalent of a current skink chief but with one higher BS, T4!, an extra wound, with I and LD 7
    Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Sorry I didn't come back to this straight away- thanks for the info! AE
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

I'd use him a either:

A Skink Chief with the appropriate magic item/ spawnings to make his armour save higher (to represent the Cameleon skin ).

Or, as a superb Skink/Cameleon Champion for the relevant unit, (realistically, who would want a skink champion in a screening unit?)

Finding the actual rules could possibly help to field him as a character, but wouldn't have be a bit overpowered from rules of such an area?

Either way, I think the model makes a fine addition to any army

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far as I know he never got an update. I use him as the 10th model in the chameleon skink unit, as I bought 3 blisterpacks with 3 models each. And that way he can be used as a champion of the unit if I wanted to.

The stats of him are what Hawkkf said. 5+ scaly skin, that can't become worse then 6+ due to strength modifiers. Cold Blooded (same as now). Can't join units. 102 pts.

Poison back then added +1 S so he shot 3 S5 shots, 12" range.

His chameleon skin rule is a bit better as it is now, -2 to shoot at instead of the -1. So as he is a single model he gets a total of -3 to hit.

His amazing stealth rule was also a bit better than the current chameleon scouting, as you can set up Oxayotl no closer then 8" while out in the open.
    Meaning 3 S5 shots with a 2+ to hit (3+ against single model) on the first turn hehe. He was a real nice assassin of weak chacaters

Well that's about all there is to know about him. I guess you could make house rules for this guy... For me he stays the champ of the chameleon skink unit.

+ Reply to Thread