No 2handers?!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No 2handers?!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No 2handers?!!!

Anyone know why they havent made a saurus scar vet 2hander weapon model? is it expected in the new edition of Lizardmen this year?

does anyone knows of a good conversion for 2handing my Saurus scar vet? i was thinking orc arms over the head would probably be a pretty easy position to replicate as lizardmen arms?

pictures/advice welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I imagine they haven't made a model for it because you can't give a scar-vet and additional hand weapon ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

By 2 hander weapon I think he means a weapon you use with 2 hands, ie a great weapon. In response to that, I'm sorry, I have no idea why no, but GW in their wisdom have not seen it neccesary. Go figure!

As for conversions, the orc arms may be a good base, bu you'd want to file them down a bit and resculpt and also lizardify the weapon too.

_AE
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Oh right, yeah that would make sense ^_^

JSoD with GW is a pretty popular build, so I think it would be a good addition to the model range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I dunno, looking at my scar vet model the club is pretty frikkin huge when compared to the great weapons of many other races. I imagine he could swing a great weapon in one hand. If I am using my scar vet model as an old blood on foot I will use the Temple Guard champion as a JSoD as he is wielding a giant polearm which could easily pass as a great weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true I agree. but he shouldn't be able to hold a shield according to the rules. Anyone have tips on how to convert this sucker?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

green stuff and pinning with a regular saurus. Same thing I do with all my conversions. We really can't expect GW to make a model for every possible weapon combination. This isn't 40k. Or you could adjust the arms of a bloodletter to a saurus. their swords are so big I don't think anyone would question whether the sword required two hands or not.

Unless you're playing against the all chariot lists, I don't think a great weapon is as good as the burning blade. It's a little harder to wound, but you have several attacks as it is and with all the pesky regeneration units out there now, to me, it's a better buy.
    Last edited by buckero0; September 15th, 2008 at 16:58.

+ Reply to Thread