Kroak 2k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kroak 2k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kroak 2k

EDIT: Please don't post individual model's points cost, as it is a violation of Games Workshop Copyright. Thank you. - Spector

Following on from my last post, me and my WH buddy are now up to 2k armies. This is good cos we can start using lords etc.
    In the last battle I used Kroq-Gar on his carnosaur and I just edged a victory. What a superb character he is by the way! Inspired by this victory, I wanted to check out some of the other nutters available to my lizard brothers and who better than Kroak.

OK - so this bastard costs X points (at least Kroq-Gar was only X) . That leaves me 775 for the rest of the 'army'. I'm thinking

Kroak
    2x Salamanders
    24 Temple Guard
    1 x Scar Vet

A few magic items for the temple guard and scar vet.

Before anyone says - i know this is a totally ridiculous army. Its basically one big unit with a couple of salamanders. But i wanna see what the big kroak can do. ruination of cities sounds pretty unstoppable. I don't think you even need line of sight so I'll probably just stick all my guys in a forest and just wait to be charged.

my question is can you actually use kroak in a 2k army and if so what is the correct army list?

Lizarddan

Last edited by Spector; August 28th, 2008 at 06:31.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

You need three core choices in 2k points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Him and a ton of skinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup I'd go for something like Kroak and 'bout 100 skinks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you need some core choices. Just put a bunch of skinks with blowpipes. even though you will get a like 200 poison shots with the blowpipes, the pipies range is very short 12" and with a low BS( i think 3) You are probably going to hit on 5+(would be 4+ but thier is no way your you are going to get within 6" of a unit).hoever with the odds to hit being of 33%, on 200 shots that is 66 hits with half of them poision. however i doubt that you will have of all these skins in range. however the possiblity of getting like 66 hits is just crazy. The next advantage is to also get the kroxigors to use thier special ability to use the skinks as screen to have some power behind those skinks

+ Reply to Thread