Lizardman player..... BUT.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lizardman player..... BUT....

Hello to all.... I have been an avid Lizardman player for a couple years. I own over 5000 pts in Lizzies. I also own like 4000 pts in Bretonnians, 5000 pts in Dwarfs, and about 2000 pts in Chao ( which I never play). In big tournaments I get mt but handed to me almost everytime by Empire and there gunlines or the dwarfs and there gunline. I just get tore up. My question to you all is this.

What would be a strong reason to keep me playing with Lizardmen in the next tourney? I mean Brets are pretty powerful, and the dwarfs can always hold there own. The tournaments are usually 2250-2500 pts. I have also seen some pretty mean VC lista latley. I have seen it where the player has 15 power dice and alot of spells to cast, along with those mean Blood Knights they seem almost way to wicked for Lizards to handle. This is also true for some of those Chaos lists. Anywyas I am just checking what would be a good strategy and or should I move on to other armies to help me win tourneys?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Lizards have just as many tools in their army to beat VC as anything else. I'd play just about anything over dwarves.

Against gunlines, we have something called scouts and skirmishers to block LOS and hit artillary units fast.
    JSoD can eat gun lines as well, and if tooled up right, blow up some blood knights. Basically giving you 2-300pts.

While Bretts are good, they are far too predictiable imo, therefore, easy to beat.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

One lucky Pit of shades and you ruin a dwarfs day. Last time I played dwarfs I got 3 off and pretty much decimated his line before they got to me.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

lore of metal is probably better vs. dwarves. They have a sniper spell, a super kill lots of armored dwarves spell, a shut-down your warmachine spell, a we now fight better than you spell, ...

Lore of metal rocks against dwarves, chaos mortals and anything with really good armor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

One quick skink question, what do the blowpipes count as, or do they have their own special set of rules?

Tak
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x2)

They have their own rules on pg 23 of the army book.

And to answer the original question- My personal feelings are don't let an incapability to win awards stop you from sticking to an army you like! But... I believe this year a Slann list placed 3rd in the UK GT (the place where cheese goes to die), so they're far from helpless in tournements.
    Last edited by Tak; September 29th, 2008 at 23:01.

+ Reply to Thread