So...new Army Book. What's coming up? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

So...new Army Book. What's coming up?

Well, the new book is at all the stores now. What do the Lizardmen players see as the powerhouse builds? Those poison bolt throwers look nasty to me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Well so far I'm really excited about everything except how much cash all my kroxigors are going to cost
    Don't bother having anything more than meaningless small talk on this forum, the moderators won't allow it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

yeah kroxigars and razordons
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what the powerhouse builds will be. The mass stego army is possible, although I'm not very confident on how it will actually preform on the table.

Filling out core with skink/krox units does look like it would be pretty nice, however with the skinks terrible WS/T they will just drop like fly's giving the evemy some nice CR. However I heard the squads like this were completely dominate over saurus back in 5th ed. However I didn't start Fantasy untill 6th ed. so i never got to test them out myself or see whats differnt between the old skink/krox combo, and the new one.

Going magic heavy could be pretty powerhouse (with help of the engine of the gods, and the Astromancer skink preist SC). However with Lizard's still only with the rulebook lores, and priests still only allowed the lore of Heavans you can't customise your magic to take on any oppenent, makking it less effective.

I predict more lists will contain Oldbloods on Carasouars as the upgrades to the carny are quite nice. However again Lizzies don't have the greatest magic equipment and again the lot's of it are situational and not effective against every army.

However this doesn't bother me to much, as I prefer winning with a more balanced list that isn't an auto win.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I think one common build will be the slann in the temple guard bunker. Throw in a priest with the engine of the gods. Another skink priest and either a saurus scar-vet or chakax. Then whatever support units will fit.

Another will be an oldblood on a carnasaur with some saurus cavalry. Throw in some saurus, skinks, and stegs.

The last I see is an oldblood on a cold one with the blade of realities. This is probably the one that will max out on the stegs.

That is what I see coming though I don't know which will be the power build. Probably the slann.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skinks + Krox were the norm in 5th edition and they seem to be making a good comback for similar reasons.

The reasoning is pretty straight forward (though I've not read the exact rules on mixed units).

They are a mutual support unit. The skinks give the Krox a high volume of low strength attacks for helping them break weak units (goblins and men). They also give the Krox full combat rez (STD, rank, outnumber). The Krox in turn give the skins a group of hella powerful attacks, and fear AND extra US.

Rankable skinks are 5 points a pop now.

Ranking them 6 wide with 2 Krox, you can fit 22 skins, with full command into a big block. This block has 4 ranks, standard, fear, US 30, and puts out 6 Str 6 attacks and 7 Str 3 attacks a turn. 250ish points.

They aren't the block troops that Saurus can be, but they give an interesting (and fast MV 6) way to play blocks of infantry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the question is do those Kroxigor's give that skink unit fear for purposes of outnumbering for Autobreak?

Ota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Cpeerson2000 View Post
    But the question is do those Kroxigor's give that skink unit fear for purposes of outnumbering for Autobreak?
    During 5th edition they didn't. It's reasonable rule and I also expect it in a new book.
    Ota

English?
    ... try Czech language ;-)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

The part of the unit that causes fear has to outnumber, so it'd only count the krox. That'd be my guess.

I think the combat res from the skinks might be countered by the mass skink slaughter that most units can do. You'd need to get the charge(not hard) and kill the front rank.

Don't forget a skink/krox unit can never do a turn manuever.

Also, we couldn't find anywhere in the book that said stegadon mounts cost special/rare choices, so you could fir a lord of karny 3 skinks of stegadons and then 3x10skinks and fill the rest out with like 3-4 stegadons. That's a boatload of monsters.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by redphantasm View Post
    Skinks + Krox were the norm in 5th edition and they seem to be making a good comback for similar reasons.

The reasoning is pretty straight forward (though I've not read the exact rules on mixed units).

They are a mutual support unit. The skinks give the Krox a high volume of low strength attacks for helping them break weak units (goblins and men). They also give the Krox full combat rez (STD, rank, outnumber). The Krox in turn give the skins a group of hella powerful attacks, and fear AND extra US.

Rankable skinks are 5 points a pop now.

Ranking them 6 wide with 2 Krox, you can fit 22 skins, with full command into a big block. This block has 4 ranks, standard, fear, US 30, and puts out 6 Str 6 attacks and 7 Str 3 attacks a turn. 250ish points.

They aren't the block troops that Saurus can be, but they give an interesting (and fast MV 6) way to play blocks of infantry.
    can you get a standard, or do they just rank up? Why wouldn't you use 3 kroxigors? thelimit is 1 krox for every 8 skinks. I'd want at least 3 on the 2nd row to give 9 str6 attacks. their I and WS is so low on all of them that I'd still be concerned about doing any wounds except you get the charge.

@Pinkus - why can't they turn? They are severly limited if the unit can't turn.
    Last edited by buckero0; January 15th, 2009 at 15:44.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast