Mounts and slots query - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mounts and slots query

Ok - Love the new book but for me theres a couple of issues that are very unclear so your thoughts will be much appreciated. In the old book it always specified for example oldblood with carnosaur takes up an extra hero choice if you take him with carnosaur. This is never specified in the new book (as far as i can tell!)

Does this mean if i want to put my skink priest on an ancient steggy with engine (which seems to be a no-brainer) it takes up a rare choice or not? If yes, how come a scarvet on a cold one does not take up a special choice? If no, bring on the engine with two units of razordons in my new 2k army!

Very basic question i know but I need to know the answer people!

Thanks,

Lizarddan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Mounts of any kind don't take up extra slots. So you can mount up whatever you want without issues. I guess they felt that they really didn't have to have them take up extra slots, as the points you pay for them really limit what else you can take. I have made up a bunch of lists, and if I have a couple stegs as mounts, I generally don't pick any rares, as I don't have the points. Besides, I think our rares suck.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks

thanks for the quick response - i know what you mean about the points - i only had about four units in total last time and obviously i got batterred!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, so if my skink priest is mounted on a steg with the engine of the gods it won't take up my rare slot?

I thought that it was like buying the two units and just putting them together, Purchasing a steg with your rare slot and the priest with a hero slot, and sticking them together.

Or did I misunderstand your answer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you put a priest on a steg, it does not take up a rare slot since it's a character mount. You just add the points to the cost of the priest; it's just like paying for a mount in another army to put a character on a horse. It's just a really big, strong horse.

+ Reply to Thread