Double Header Battle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Double Header Battle

So I haven't played a fantasy match for a few months because I knew they were redoing our lizzies and frankly I felt outdone by all the new armies. I tried high elves but lizards are the only ones for me. SO now that the new codex is out I have a "warm up" match against a dwarf army and my "title" match against Tomb Kings. I have not played with new army book yet, any tips?

Oh, p.s. for the dwarves I don't really plan on any big creatures, just skinks, saurus, and maybe some razordons or something.

For TK's I'm thinking more in the way of steggies, *I'm expecting a casket so ignores psyc is in my favor here*

Eternity Guard (SM) W-15/L-5/D-3
    Lizardmen w16/ L1/ d2 :On hiatus since new rules... =/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Hmm...well with the dwarves I'd lean more towards salamanders than razordons because Salamanders have much more armour modifiers than Razordons.

I guess it really depends on if your using an Oldblood or a Slann as your General in both matchs as to what kinds of things you would want to field.

With Dwarves you may want to consider the Sun standard of Chotec was it would be good to shield you from some shooting especially in a fast unit like Saurus Cavalry. Large target and multi-wound units you should cautious because of the dwarves warmachines. Depending on the terrain chameleon skinks would be good for harrassing units and taking out warmachines. A Skink chief on a terradon or a unit of terradons would be good for that too but take a great risk of being shot down.

For Tomb Kings I'd recommend the diadem of power along with a dispel scroll on a skink priest. Cube of Darkness is another great item since you can effectively shut down a turns magic phase. A slann with unfathomable presence kept in line of site of the casket would be great since you can add it's magical resistance to dispel it.
    Warhammer 40k: Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Space Lizards (wolves), Kroot, Witch Hunters, Dark Eldar
    Warhammer: Lizardmen, Empire, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, High Elves, Skaven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Duo Sonata is right so I would do what he advises. Some saurus cavelry would be useful in both games as they engage the dwarfs fast and don't take fear tests for tomb kings. Scouts would also be great to combat the casket and cannon crew.
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd recommend an EOG or two against the dwarfs. +5 ward save against shooting will ruin half the dwarf strategy. You can boost your casting to get over those extra dispel. It's big boom ignores armor save as well, so it's a unit that can destroy the dwarf static combat rez before it even get into combat, and if you lucky they may well fail a terror test (with the dwarf tendency to be placed near the board edge, this has won me the game before).

+ Reply to Thread