Wanted: Forgeworld Slann - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Wanted: Forgeworld Slann

I wouldn't be too surprised if a lot of people didn't even know this thing existed, I had never seen it before today. Yes, Forgeworld made a Slann, limited edition for GD UK '06, and I really really want to get hold of the model. It has been critisized heavily, and sure it doesn't make sense sitting on the ground after our latest army book says no Slann has grounded itself on the tainted earth for a millenia, but it would still suit my army much better than the GW one. Anyway, here is the FW link for some pics:

Forge World Gamesday Special Slann Mage Priest

There are a couple on CMON as well. Apparently it sold for only 9 pounds or so, which is reasonable I suppose since it isn't very big. I have tried looking on ebay and scouring google, does anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on one? An OOP online store, or someone selling one or something? Much appreciation, and rep for anyone who finds one for sale.

The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Euk, what an ugly model! Looks to alien (its got a bloody tau forehead thing for Tepok's sake!) and not enough like a frog for my tastes. Anyway...

If you get the model couldn't you just mount it on a regular palanquin? It does HAVE to be on the ground.
    Last edited by kroxigor01; March 9th, 2009 at 08:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Yeah it looks like it could be mounted on a palanquin but I prefer the GW one
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally think it looks great,espcielly the posing. The GW Slann is great, but, it isn't very characterful and doesn't seem to be very involved in the battle. I say if a Slann bothers to show up, it should at least care.

This one seems confident, yet enthralled in the battle taking place before him, yet with the casaul confidence that comes with playing the game for centuries.

Now that I think about it, that thing on his head could easily be a third eye....which would fit with my army theme.....maybe I should search for one of my own....

Anyway, I see no indication that this model was intended to be on the ground. It is shown with no base, and indeed with not other piece at all except for the size comparison photo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Yes of course it could go on a GW palanquin, I am fairly sure it would fit. Though the one model I saw on a palanquin had the skink removed to fit his arm.

I only spoke of the grounding because he didn't come with a palanquin, and most of the CMON models I found were on the ground (admitadly looking pretty cool) for example:

CoolMiniOrNot - Ltd Edition FW Slann Mage Priest by Bill
    CoolMiniOrNot - Forgeworld Slann Mage Priest by monkeyman7x
    CoolMiniOrNot - Ltd Edition Forgeworld Slann Mage Priest by OrkyDave

Haven't had much luck finding one yet.. Apparently they do occasionally appear on ebay, I might have to just keep my eye there.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't find one either (though I've not been searching long).

I am really thinking of buying this thing if I can find it, I already thought of an awesome conversion for it.

+ Reply to Thread