Librarium Online Forums banner

Any good combos

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Tak 
#1 ·
I've looked at the new book and saw some good magic combos. I was wandering what combos I've over looked. So what good combos have you guys come up with in the new book?

#3 ·
The JSoD isn't that goo because he can't go into woods (fly) and the jaguar charm is a dipelable power level3 bound spell.

I use the maiming shield scimitar of sun resplendant and carnisaur pendant on my oldblood on carni ( or coldone) and that can take on anything. ( 9 s5 attacks and 5 s7 causing d3 wounds)

#7 ·
Slann with Focus of Mystery selecting Lore of Death + 3 Salamanders.

Casting Doom and Darkness on a unit (any Ld tests at -3 for rest of turn) then firing the Salamanders at them (forcing a panic check if casualties caused) is a sure fire way to get your opponents big units running.

Even Ld 10 will fail 50% of the time.

Score.

#8 ·
Skink preist with the cloak of feathers and the rod of the storm.

The Thunderskink ;)

Great for getting line of sight and zapping those cavalry units of doom everyone likes to have hiding behind things until the end game. ^_^

also makes a good channeling skink for a slann's magic missiles.

#9 ·
Skink Priest
> Ancient Stegadon
> Diadem of Power
The Stegadon means the Priest is generating 2PD which the Diadem allows him to carry over as DD. 5DD with one hero caster is pretty sweet.

Saurus Scar-vet
> Cold One
> Light Armour
> Halberd
2+ AS and 4 STR 6 attacks + mount without using any of the magic item allowance.

Saurus (unit)
> Spears
The combination of 2xST4 attacks and Spears makes them my pick for best core combat unit in the game atm, especially deployed 6 wide.

#11 ·
Dual TG'd Slann + EotG Priest

Slann 1 - Becalming Cogitation; Focused Rumination; Focus of Mystery (Fire) Cupped Hands; Grub of Itxl; BSB

Slann 2 - Becalming Cogitation; Plaque of Tepok (Heavens); Staff of Sorcery;

Priest lvl 2 bare bones;

Even a Malekith and Morathi army have a hard time out casting you, anyone else really doesnt have a chance.

Combat armies are scurry but delays caused with wall of fire and using one of your D3 rerolls on the roll off from conflag of doom you should be able to strike fear in the hearts of many.

#13 ·
The unbeatable slann

Higher state of consciousness, Transcendant healing/ Unfathomable presence and then the Shield of the mirrored pool.

Nothing killing that baby . . . . . POW!! right in the kisser

Well first and foremost the slann cannot carry magic weapons / armor. Secondly, after seeing your slanns pd generation and you attempting to cast 2 high level spells or 3 lower level ones, I dont think many people would try to kill it seeing as its not a very big threat.

But I suppose you are correct he is very unlikely to be killed.

#19 ·
I'm considering the possibility of taking a Slann with the Curse-Charm of Tepok and Cupped Hands of the Old Ones as a kind of offensive miscast protection.

It's a nice warm feeling, knowing that even the dice you throw at a miscast spell are doing damage. It's also of limited use against the Ring of Hotek, I could see myself setting my Slann up to miscat and sticking the effects on their scroll caddy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.