Kroxs in units - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kroxs in units

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kroxs in units

I was wondering can or can't you put a krox in a unit like this?

1krox with 10 skinks. 2 skinks in the front row followed by the krox and the skinks 2 wide all the way back. In the liz book it says that the krox can't be wider than the front row. This way they are the same size all the way back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Sure, but isn't that defeating the purpose? You want skinks for the rank bonus you can get, but in that setup, you don't get any. Can you explain why you would want to do this.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by sirhuma View Post
    I was wondering can or can't you put a krox in a unit like this?

1krox with 10 skinks. 2 skinks in the front row followed by the krox and the skinks 2 wide all the way back. In the liz book it says that the krox can't be wider than the front row. This way they are the same size all the way back.
    the way I read the book, you'd have to be 4 wide in skinks. you have to have a skink on the outside (right and left of the krox) at all times. I am still in awe of anyone one who takes kroxigors in their skink units. I can't figure out why you would do this at any time.

Let's see, can I put a couple of grave guard in my zombie unit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i run 24 skinks with a banner with 3 krox. unit works wonders. sure you get a ton of dead skinks but you get the static 5 that you usually wont get with 3 kroxigors. at first i wasnt sold on the idea of squishy skinks but they do wonders.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Although putting some zombies in my grave guard unit would be cool!!

wow I did not add anything to this thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Sirhuma's plans do defeat mnay of the bonuses of the mixed unit, and i got to agree with Moriarsotek in at first i wasnt sold on the idea, but wieghing up the bonuses it makes sense. You may not be able to make a trun manoeuver and people will hit skinks first, but you get +1 Ld, some hitting power and cause fear for your skinks whilst your kroxigor get ranks and a meat shield.

In a way it makes up for kroxigor loosing that amazing strength 7 with GWs, as they can potnetialy bring 3ranks, standard and outnumber with skinks to a unit strength 3 unit which often struggles and can loose out in a static combat res situation.

As to your question, you would end up with 2 skinks (unit strength 2 combined) in the front rank, and then a kroxigor (unit strength 3) in the second rank. Now im not sure off hand if its unit strength or base size that determins rank size in this case, but bank ranks cannot be larger than the front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's base size that determines rank size - according to the new Lizardmen book. Kroxigors count for 2 in each rank of Skinks which is around them, while a Slann ranking up with Temple Guard also counts for two in in each rank (so a total of 4).

When calculating who outnumbers the other though, i'm guessing it would still go on US?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

If you gave a skink chief the skaven pelt banner would the Kro also gain Frenzy?

That would make for quite a scary unit, +5 combat resolution with something like 12 s6 attacks and at least 17 skink attacks (for what they are worth).

Is there any other reson you would ever take the skavenpelt banner, it seems dumb to have a skink only item that only the BSB can take, when a skink BSB with a magic banner would be almost impossible to protect. You could put him on a terradon or stegadon though and that would be mildly amusing.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

+ Reply to Thread