What do People think of Razardons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do People think of Razardons

i just looked at the lizarmen armybook and i looked at the razardon unit and i thought that they were just mental and i was wondering if any body had used them in an actual game and whether they were as good as they seem in the armybook.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Compared to sallies and skinks they are the most useless unit in the game. What can they do that 70 points of skinks or salamanders cannot? He will hit on 4s, even if he gets 10 shots against high elf spearmen for example, 5 hit, 3.33333 wound, that for 75 points no way. with skinks 3.33 hit and 3.33 poison, 1.66 wound +3.33 from poison. Also after armour saves 3 die.
    Also skinks wont misfire.
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

Disagree

I'm not a lizardmen player but i HATE facing razordons.
    Massive number of ranged attacks, and theyre almost completely unchargable. They're also not so bad in close combat.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I think statistically one of the worst units in the lizardman army. But the huge variability in number of attacks will sometimes make them seem awesome. But against a charging unit they can do massive amounts of damage. In close combat they are a bit of a tar pit. They won't cause many wounds, but don't take much either. With cold blooded they stick around for awhile.

Overall, I just don't see them as a bonus to most lists. If I take them, it is units of 3.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Razardons are good for protecting flanks or defending obstacles, but in most cases I would take a unit of Sallies because of their offensive punch, and auto panic check.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Harlecrons View Post
    i just looked at the lizarmen armybook and i looked at the razardon unit and i thought that they were just mental and i was wondering if any body had used them in an actual game and whether they were as good as they seem in the armybook.
    Well, they look terrible on paper, so I'm not sure why you would want to field them, however, as sirkently stated, if you roll the "high" side of the dice and then can actually roll to hit as well, you've got a chance of killing something. Assuming of course, that you can get into range first.

@goliath. You my friend are using your skinks the wrong way it sounds like. they are actually, the one dependable unit in the book. They work wonders for me every game. If only the rest of the book wasn't so random. Or if i could get my dice to roll higher on to hit and to wound and impact hits and to roll lower on leadership tests more consistently.

their big problem is their range and point cost (as with most of the book) The range is pitiful, and the point cost is enormous. If they were 55pts and had 3 attacks, I might consider them for friendly games. If their range was greater, they might have a chance of hitting something. It's one of those units where it just doesn't justify itself, the same with stegadons and several other entities in the book.
    Last edited by buckero0; May 1st, 2009 at 15:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Strange units, the razordons. I personally think salamanders are much better. The -3 armour, ability to negate regeneration and hurt flammable models, auto-panic on a single wound, that last point is massive. Causing a panic check after a single wound means you can cause a hell of a lot of damage to your opponent's army. The razordons are a bit less predictable, and are hurt by the fact that they need to roll to hit first. I think several razordons in a pack are good, but salamanders can easily work alone and actually work better in seperate packs, they can cause more panic.

Razors do scare opponents though, they have a lot of potential. Depends on what you want the unit to do. I will definitely stick to the salamander though.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

I've found them very effective at closing down your flank, just make sure your enemy charges them,

when in a unit of three (no point taking less cause then they suck) they get to roll 2 AD each, odds say you should roll approx 30 shots, approx 15 will hit, 10 will wound and even against a good armour save of 4+ will do 5 wounds, against a typical brettonian unit of knights you have killed 2 with one half dead,

imo they are pretty good but as have been pointed out you need to roll well, one misfire would reduce this drastically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Razordons are a minor tarpit as well as a "Don't charge here" sign. I'm running them lately and seeing a lot of success with them. As everyone else has stated though, sallies are better offense, razordons are better defense. Run them accordingly.

-L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets also not forget that against non ranked infantry targets Razordons are more apt to do well damage wise simply because they don't need to worry about only getting one hit on a monster or a template getting poor coverage on a unit of skirmishers.

I'm finding that when I play their strengths they are both a fun and effective unit to field. I had someone foolishly opt to charge a unit of them the other day and they received 48 Stand and Shoot rolls in response. Needless to say their charge failed

-L

+ Reply to Thread