simple lizardmen paint schemes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

28 (x1)

simple lizardmen paint schemes

So as the title says does anyone have any quick and simple schemes for painting lizards? What colours work well for scales and then body that can just be washed for definition? I was thinking moradin blue bodies, mechrite red scales, then was with devlan mud? anyone have any better ideas maybe for a lighter blue for the body?

2. Remove Advertisements

LO Zealot
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

find a light blue spray paint (or get an airbrush) and then just wash them with the blue wash. Then pick out the scales in whatever color you want and wash them. All that's left is to pick out the blowpipes and the random bits and bobs and teeth and eyes, etc. LM are the easiest, fastest army to paint, outside of an all skeleton army.

I painted mine tan, picked out the scales (each unit has a different color of scales to tell them apart) then 1-2 washes of the sephia or devlan mud and picked out the scales.

Try a few and when you find what you like, write it down and you can then mass produce.

+ Reply to Thread