What is all the negativity towards us lizard players - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member slann-o-engine-eo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

What is all the negativity towards us lizard players

EVERYONE KEEPS complaing about everything in the lizardmen book.....everything. cry cry cry slann. cry cry cry cry kroxigor. cry cry cry salamanders. cry cry cry cry skinks. BOOOOOO FREAKIN WHO. through immense play testing the new slann is better than the old one because of the new magic rules...he was made to fit with the new magic if we still had him set up like the last one he wouldnt be able to do anything because of the mixed power dice pool. the kroxigors are still as strong oh well 1 strenght so they cant crush chariots or take out knights as easy doesnt mean they cant cut everything in their way in half. skinks oh well i personaly thought they went too far with being to scout with all your skinks and chameleon skinks OH NO I CANT PUT HALF MY ARMY ON YOUR SIDE OF THE BOARD OH NO NOW I NEED SKILLS TO PLAY THIS GAME. and the sallies come on be nice they were overpowered too way overpowered...30 autohits on one turn jesus...ive been getting like 4-6 wounds with a unit of three of them every turn they still incinerate stuff just not automatically. PLUS they may have slighty nerfed the overpowered units but they made up for it by giving us good mov 7 calvary and a freakin level 3 mage at below 2000 points and the engine of the gods i dont even need to say how amazing it is. so why people...why do you do it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Ummm... I haven't actually seen that much complaining, overall the LM book is fairly balanced. It is just tough to make lists since the points add up very very quickly.

I will say the loss of strength to kroxigor IS a big blow. This huge big kroxigor creature now has the same strength as a freakin saurus warrior?!? Or a tiny skink chief?? Why the hell use kroxigors for heavy work like building the temple cities when they are no stronger than saurus? It is not so much a balance thing (though the loss of autodestroying chariots for a tiny loss in points is a bit of a pain) but a balance and fluff thing.

So yeah.. Stop trolling and guage the actual opinions of people before ranting like that.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Assuming this is a serious, genuine thread, I have three words that describe the dislike:
    New Army Syndrome.

Almost every new army becomes more powerful when it gets a new book. This is how GW keep people in the game. This (more powerful) army tends to mean that they are harder to beat, and therefore, people cry cheese on a regular basis. Us mildly older users see this time and time again. Every time a new army comes out, it has a new ability or something that makes it a tough beat. It happened to the HEs, but never does now. It happened to the DEs, but rarely does now. It happened to the VCs, yet people have quietened down on it. It happened to the DoC, and that was slightly justified, but people still complained far more then than they do now.

Give it time, and people will realise that the new Lizzies aren't the cheese machines they're cracked up to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

I believe the OP is referring to the fact that some LM players view themselves as underpowered and think that their army was nerfed in this edition, not that people see LM as being overpowered

As for the topic at hand, I agree with Strewarts entire post.

Also, do try to learn to use paragraph breaks, they are easier to read than large blocks of text.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
    I believe the OP is referring to the fact that some LM players view themselves as underpowered and think that their army was nerfed in this edition, not that people see LM as being overpowered
    Ah, that's what happens when I don't read posts thoroughly enough. My bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

I don't think we have had too many complainers... the new list is balanced. some losses (slann and krox) some boosts (EoTG and saurus warriors) and I don't believe that there is one complaining thread in the first page...

A tip, try to mark a thread as moaning if you want to rant...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by slann-o-engine-eo View Post
    EVERYONE KEEPS complaing about everything in the lizardmen book.....everything. cry cry cry slann. cry cry cry cry kroxigor. cry cry cry salamanders. cry cry cry cry skinks. BOOOOOO FREAKIN WHO.
    I haven't noticed any really blatant "complaining" as you put it. People have given there opinions on changes but everyone seems to be able to adapt to the new rules without an inordinate amount of angst.

Through immense play testing the new slann is better than the old one because of the new magic rules...he was made to fit with the new magic if we still had him set up like the last one he wouldnt be able to do anything because of the mixed power dice pool.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. The old slann had no issues with the magic phase. I think the new one is a lot different than the old one, but is still very powerful, but he has been changed to tone him down a bit, which was probably necessary.

The kroxigors are still as strong oh well 1 strenght so they cant crush chariots or take out knights as easy doesnt mean they cant cut everything in their way in half.
    I think the main complaint here is they became less powerful, but the point value didn't change to compensate. They are still very playable.

skinks oh well i personaly thought they went too far with being to scout with all your skinks and chameleon skinks OH NO I CANT PUT HALF MY ARMY ON YOUR SIDE OF THE BOARD OH NO NOW I NEED SKILLS TO PLAY THIS GAME.
    Now you are just being picky. It is a fact that they aren't as good as they were. Is this complaining. No, it is just pointing out a fact. Nothing is wrong with change, but pointing it out as a nerf isn't being a complainer.

And the sallies come on be nice they were overpowered too way overpowered(this is true)...30 autohits on one turn jesus...ive been getting like 4-6 wounds with a unit of three of them every turn they still incinerate stuff just not automatically.
    I think it is a legitimate complaint when they nerf something, and RAISE the point cost. They obviously needed to be toned down, but raising the price to the point where they are overpriced for what they do is a little disturbing.

PLUS they may have slighty nerfed the overpowered units but they made up for it by giving us good mov 7 calvary(we always had that) and a freakin level 3 mage at below 2000 points and the engine of the gods i dont even need to say how amazing it is.True, they taketh away, and givith something in return.

So why people...why do you do it?Because comparison is a way of finding out what works nowadays. There is nothing wrong with the new book. It is very different from the old one, and we have to find out what works now. Is something that was a staple in the old book still able to work in the new one. The new book is very viable, but just because you don't like something in it doesn't mean you are complaining about the whole thing. Every army book has units and characters that people don't like. Some is just personal taste, others really are not useful units in the army (think jungle swarms here).
    Like others have said, there hasn't really been any complaining to speak of. I don't know where you think you saw it or how often, but I think it would be just an occassional remark that you shouldn't extrapolate to thinking that most are disliking the new book.

And like strewart said, my main issue is trying to make a list when all the points costs start adding up. But everyone here still plays lizardmen, so people can't think they are that bad.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly when I see or read people complaining about the new lizardmen book, It seems that they were powergamers that can't take their broken slanns and 4 korx units and dominate. I will agree that Str 4 Krox is some old bull shit, but oh well.

Senior Member slann-o-engine-eo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

fair deal good sirs

everyone ive talked to is complaing. so i assumed people on here were too. everyone just keeps going on and on and on abotu how lizardmen suck now. I had strong opinions that they dont. my aplogies for extremely loving the new book and hating complainers. which you all are not. sorryies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

I havnt played against a lizzy army yet but I have heard a lot of people say they are much more balanced than VC and Demons.

I have heard some complaining but its not too much and its always against lists with multiple Engines. I saw one army that had two engines and one of your lords on the dino mount.

Im personally not complaining because I dont know how good these guys are on a table yet, but I do know that is the type of list that are making people upset from what Ive noticed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast