Lizardmen and our Lords - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lizardmen and our Lords

Playing a couple of games lately I've noticed that not every race needs their Lord choices, most seem to do better without a huge chunk of their points going towards a big killer and having more heroes to lead their army and fight in their ranks.

I was wondering, how does this idea fair with the Lizardmen? I myself have never tried out the Slaan Lord yet not having the model yet or enough Temple Guard and have only run around with a rampaging Old Blood on a Carnasaur and thats a good +/- 450 points of my army.

I was thinking of trying out running 2 scar-vets in my saurus blocks and a scar-vet in a bunch of cold-one riders (perhaps 2 batches of cold-ones as I've had great success with them in every game and without a huge costly lord I would have free points)

Anyway just hoping to hear some ideas/input on this idea, due to only getting 1 game a week I have barely had any chance to test out my Lizardmen so I'd love to hear if any others have tried this out.

Thanks

~CW

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

I've played a 2250 point game at my club with;

Scar vet
    BSB
    Great weapon
    Hide of the cold one

Scar Vet
    Scimitar
    General
    Cold one
    EOTG

EOTG

Basically, I used 3 blocks of SW, central one being only 15 while the 2 on either side were 20 models strong. Chucked the BSB in the central one, putting everything within range of the BSB and making the smaller block immune to fear.

Not only that, being s7 he's a chariot deterant.

The general was in a unit of 5 cold ones. Anything they charged that game broke after the first round of combat.

1 EOTG on either side of my blocks, covering all my units with they 5+ ward and protecting their flanks.

When you think about it, an old blood isn't THAT much stronger than a scar vet. Only reason I ever take him is if i want the carny.

Slann is obviously a must as we can't really do magic heavy without him (no one wants to play against 3+ EOTG)

My 2 cents!

Glavas

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I agree with glavas for the most part.

If you want magic heavy, you need a slann. If you want either a carnosaur, or the blade of realities, you need an oldblood. Otherwise, you can do without the lord choice.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Yeah LM can perform without a lord. The hero scar-vet is quite strong and tough on his own, and works well enough as the general. Obviously if you want magic heavy, as the others said, you need a Slann but other than that you can easily go without a lord.

Personally, I love the carnosaur model so I'm going with an old blood most of the time.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the moment with my limited models I can only play 2250 if I include a carnosaur so I don't have any other choices at the moment

But I played a smaller game with a bunch of scar-vets and it went well, I do enjoy having a leader in each block of mine.

I do need to get myself a Slaan though... The Lore of Metal calls to me!

Thanks a bunch guys!

+ Reply to Thread