Hitting a Stegadon in ranged and close combat? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

17 (x1)

Hitting a Stegadon in ranged and close combat?

Me and my friend are rather new to FB, we have collected the models for a while but we rarely get to play it as one member of our group does not collect FB.

I feel I have a solid grip of the rules but the Monstrous character mounts rules is confusing. It does not help that I play lizardmen then does it

In any case I am aware that damage to the monstrous mounts with missile fire is randomized, but in close combat does this mean that a skink chief for example could be targetted by any model in base contact and struck directly? Are these randomized as well?

Also, I am pretty sure that impact hits are randomized (I believe they are treated as shooting attacks) can this be confirmed?

On a side note: Spirit of the forge (6 in Lore of metal) worked epically in my last match against warriors of chaos, killing 9 Chaos Knights and even putting a wound on that big sissy Archaon. of course it may have been down to lucky rolling on my part (it shocks me and my friends how often I get a 5 and a six in 2d6 rolls, not good for leaderships, great for everything else though )

Last edited by decoinferno; August 21st, 2009 at 09:26.
    Eldar: Hakan-eth Craftworld - Lead by Head Farseer Jaraith 2500pts
    Tau: Yihe'ya Sept - Lead by Shas'O Yihe'a Montro Myen Kauyon 1500pts

2. Remove Advertisements

4 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

You are correct that impact hits are randomized. And in close combat attackers get to choose who they want to hit, the stegadon, crew, or characters.

I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread