javelins or blowpipes? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

javelins or blowpipes?

The question is what to arm your skinks, javelins or blowpipes??

Also, on the sprue why are there only 5 blowpipes per 6 skinks???- am i bieng stupid and missing one???
    thanks

'A good soldier obeys without question.
    A good oficer commands without doubt'
    -tactica imperium

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Depends on which ones you will usually use. The skirmish units are a little better, but cost more obviously. For the ranked skinks you have to use javelins. For the skirmishers, I would never pay the extra for javelins, so I always use blow pipes.

You aren't missing anything. They don't give you enough to make them all one kind on the sprue. You will probably want 2 boxes so you have options when building your lists. I would make 20 with pipes, and 24 with javelins, so you have the option of making a bigger unit to contain kroxigors, if you ever want to. Maybe make one set of command models and an extra musician out of the extra 4.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks a lot, i thought they had done something like that but wasnt sure if i had made a mistake lol.
    'A good soldier obeys without question.
    A good oficer commands without doubt'
    -tactica imperium

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always take blowpipes on my skirmishers, longer range and more shots, nothing is better than taking down a giant with a mass of posioned shots followed by a fireball too the head from the Local Red Frog

As for Skink RaF troopers, i find them useful but i would never take them fulled ranked up and throw them at anything hoping too kill, they are better off as flankers or sponges. 10 or 11 With a Kroxi can add for a nice punch too the Side too assist your Saurus, and costs very little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

I always thought that they didn't provide enough blowpipes because they wanted to encourage people to take skink braves.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I think it is just more about cost savings. As the rules state that the unit doesn't have to be armed all the same, but the the majority rules, you don't have to have all javelins on a ranked unit, as long as in a unit of 10, you have 6.

So it saves them a couple cents, and doesn't really affect the game.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread