painting suggestions needed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

painting suggestions needed

hey fellow gamers and painters,

i'v chosen to make my lizardmen army dark green on the back and yellow on the front, but i don't have any ideas for my slaann, stegadon, kroxigors, terradon, and salamanders. i really don't know what to take. i think i'll post some pictures of my temple guard and saurus warriors to let you know how they look. i really want to give this army the feeling they live in the same habitat, so it's important for the collours to fit with each other.

does anyone of you have an idea how to paint these monsters and an awesome magic firing frog toad creature.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am new here and this thing is two weeks old, but in case you are still keeping an eye on it I'll have a go.

I would not worry about colors going well with each other simply because they live in the same habitat. I am an amateur herpetologist (this means I love reptiles and study and collect them) and I can guarantee that in the wild, reptile coloration, even within the same habitat, is as diverse as it comes in nature with perhaps the exception of reef fish.

With snakes here in West Central Texas to South Texas I can find anything from drab grey to red, yellow, black, pink, tan, green and white. Baird's Ratsnake actually changes in coloration over its lifespan.

Personally, I only like the idea of the same coloration within units since they are supposed to be from the same spawning. Other than that, go wild, have fun.
    The only difference between a madman and myself is that I am not mad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the tips Bard,

i do keep an eye on this posts, and i liked your post, if finally think i've got a scheme for them. i think i'll use tausept ochre with a yvandan darksun drybrush, then a wash with devlan mud and then a drybrush, maybe another wash and a highlight.
    my army is green with a yellow front side of the body. i think although green and yellow are very different, they look very well on them.

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

If you want to make your paintjob tie the different units in your army together, you could try having one recurring colour. You could give all your saurus/templeguard the same colour shield and that same colour to the crests of your skinks etc, or give them all the same scales ( saurus, kroxigor, skinks, salamanders, razordons, ) etc.

I'd like to see a picture perhaps of your army, to get a bit the idea how it looks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

I don't have an army wide uniform scheme, but all my monsters (Stegadon, Razordon, Carnosaur) are all painted with red in mind. perhaps an idea like this could be useful in your army.

I'll post pics when I have time.
    Last edited by lewbot1; October 18th, 2009 at 19:29.

+ Reply to Thread