Mounted Lizards and Heroes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Mounted Lizards and Heroes

Greetings and Salutations Fellow Gamers,

I am starting on my lizardmen army, and I am thinking about changing the dynamic a little bit. Instead of the relentless forward march, and the power of the stegadons, I was planning on building a mounted force.

It would be lead by Kroq-Gar, and I would have a unit of Saurus on Cold Ones accompany him.
    (I am planning on using the new Dark Elf Cold ones since they look much more predatory. Has anyone else tried this conversion? Suggestions? Lessons Learned?)

How viable would a list focusing on mounted combat be?

What suggestions do you have for an aspiring Lizardman general.

Respectfully,
    --Forsaken

* "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I think a mobile force is very viable. Very expensive though points wise. Basically, you are just staying away from saurus models on foot. Everything else is pretty fast, even on foot.

I think 3 would be the limit for cold one units. Then a ton of skinks, some terradons, and you just have to have some stegadons. Of course an engine is almost mandatory.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Thank you SirKently,

I am thinking that I will go with Kroq-Gar on Grymloq, and then a unit of 6 Cold one riders. I will have two more cold one rider units with scar veteran in each (one will be bsb).

I would include a Skink Priest with Ancient Stegadon & EotG.

a unit of 5 terradon riders

2 squads of 10 skink skirmishers

Ancient Stegadon/Stegadon

how would you turn that core into a 3000 point army?

I want to have a list that hits like a sack of hammers. A real "Glass Cannon" if you will.

Very Respectfully,
    --Forsaken
    * "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken2544 View Post
    (I am planning on using the new Dark Elf Cold ones since they look much more predatory. Has anyone else tried this conversion? Suggestions? Lessons Learned?)
    I have seen this done several times on another forum. The main thing to note is that saurus are a lot bulkier than elves, so you will have to do some gap filling and patchup work its not simply a matter of plonking the models on the COs. Several ways to do it, you can either try to bend the saurus inward and make them skinnier at the legs or make a bigger saddle out of GS on the CO, or even try to bulk out the actual CO is your GS skills are up to it. It does look pretty cool when done well though.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you have the two unit of Skinks, I'd try to have a few Kroxigors in your army list as well. Enough if you need to form the Skinks up on them if you see an advantage of doing it; or just to form them up as their own separate unit and give your opponent someone else to throw their cannon's at.
    Last edited by GMJoeSolarte; October 13th, 2009 at 04:15.

+ Reply to Thread