Saurus Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saurus Force

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x2)

Saurus Force

Hello everyone,

This will be my first post in a Fantasy forum. I have been playing 40K for many years, and have finally decided to test the waters of Warhammer Fantasy. My army choice is the beautiful and deadly Lizardmen. Not knowing much about the game, I'm basing my unit choices off of style, rather than potency, and I want to know..

Is it possible to make a competitive force composed of only:

Saurus Lords/Heroes
    Saurus Warriors
    Cold One Cavalry
    Temple Guard

Personally, the Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur is the best-looking model in the Fantasy range. I will almost definitely use this as my Lord choice. Is Kroq-gar worth considering? He seems useful considering his Hand of Gods and the ability to control Blood-Frenzy in his Carnosaur, but costs much more than an Oldblood on Carnosaur. My army is going to be 2000 points, so I will only have 1 Lord choice.

Any advice you guys can offer would be great, thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements

4 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

Hello TwoHats. It is about time you left the dark side and joined us.

Anyway, about an all saurus list, the short answer is no, it isn't viable. Magic is too prevalent in fantasy to go without some magic defense in you list. Now a mostly saurus list is fine. You just need to include at least one priest to carry some dispel scrolls. Really adding an engine of the gods is really a staple in most lists.

Personally, I think Krog-gar is too many points to be a regular member of any list. Temple guard are a little too expensive also, if you aren't fielding a slann. Warriors and cold ones are excellent choices, but I would argue that you really need some cheap skinks for baiting and fleeing, another important difference between 40k and fantasy.

Welcome to the jungle, we have fun and games,
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread