Skink Chief on Ancient Stegadon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skink Chief on Ancient Stegadon

I've always been one to take an EOTG, but this last game (1500 pts) I decided to mix it up some. Ive always had terrible luck getting charge distances correctly guessed. (Ive played dwarfs since 4th edition).

Last game I tried this build - Skink chief on Ancient steg with mundane spear, Carnasaur pendant, and the amulet thingie that gives a one use 2+ ward save. He charged a unit of savage orc big' uns with a Black Orc hero in them, and killed the whole front rank. only the champion got to attack back. At the end I won and had outnumber with fear causer, he ran, failed to rally, and on my next turn my terradons charged the unit and they fled off the board.

I know everyone uses the war spear, but I just have terrible luck against bolt throwers and jezzails killing my characters.

How I understood the carnasaur pendant is that it would frenzy the whole model, including steg and 4 reg skinks, is that right?

Dwarfs move 6 inches. One way or another.
    "...and that's now a panic test 'to represent the horrific effects of this weapon.' " And yes I always say that. Gawd I love the flame cannon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not so sure about it affecting mounts or other characters in the unit- I was under the impression that that it only affected the character.

It comes down to points......the 45 points or so that it costs between a Steggie and an Ancient Steggie grants you an extra armor save, one point of strength and one less attack plus the difference vs Howdah weaponry.

If you can justify it, then at 1500 points, it is what you need to weigh benefits between them. To be honest, at 1500 points, putting a priest with an EOTG can make it a defacto level 3 wizard if properly equipped which is something most armies don't have at 1500 points, granting you an advantage and would use that advantage;

The Skink Chief+SteggieWarspear combo can be an effective hitting unit but if your having problems getting your charge off then yes, you do have a problem.

Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Only the bearer of the carnosaur pendant suffers from frenzy, the other models do not benefit from the +1A, although it does make the entire model ITP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -The-White-Lizard- View Post
    Only the bearer of the carnosaur pendant suffers from frenzy, the other models do not benefit from the +1A, although it does make the entire model ITP.
    When the model already generated terror to begin with, thats not going to be a problem.

Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

I must apologize it would appear that the entire model benefits from the frenzy, thus giving crew and steg +1A. Didnt have my rule book on me when i so hastely leapt before i looked.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Yeah, the stegadon with the crew are considered the "mount" for the character and mounts always go off of the rider's psychology. This is a nice combo I never thought of, but you can get a ton of attacks this way if you don't mind having a frenzied stegadon.

I'll still play the warspear though. That item alone demolishes units.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

+ Reply to Thread