will you teach me to lizzard men? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -26 (x0)

will you teach me to lizzard men?

ahah whatsup guys, i wana start lizard men after playin woodelves for 5 years, i got the mounuvering down and the smarts of magic and shooting, but i need advice, whats a good way to run them? i wana faster listt withh good hitting power and like a hint of magic and shooting, anyone please comment and help me out

(the title is a refrence from the longest yard "will you teach me to football?")

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Hitting power, hints of magic and shooting.

Yes the Lizardmen could army list that for you, no problem.

Obviously, the truth is, just a regular Saurus unit is plenty of hitting power. Lots of attacks, great S, lots of options with it. Skinks can be upgraded with Kroxigors. Cold One riders and terradon riders, yeah you have it right there. Even more so with a Slann. But if you are looking for just "hints" of magic, then you dont need a Slann.....a Priest on a EOTG grants that. With a few good magic items he becomes a defacto lv 3 wizard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -26 (x0)

muahahahh etog (: that thing always caught my eye, yahh im likinn the kroxis with skinks, terradons, cold ones, <3

ahah sauruss i would take a unit maybe two, just to be near my skink priest or other things, razerdonss, wana try them,

slans, not really my thing, i would only use them when i know i need one,

hmm is the carnsaur any good?

andd for magic defense problems, is there anything that gives extra dice or any kinda item for a bound spell or anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt field a mixed unit (kroq+skink) the kroq is better of alone!

I would indeed field a unit of saurus for the hitting power. Then add some skink skirmishers for the speed and harrassing. Complement that with a unit of salamanders, and you got a good setup.
    Then flavour it with the hint of magic, add an EOTG. But do mind the enemy warmachines! those are nasty against a steggie.

For the rest, think about terradons against the war machines you will face, and maybe an oldblood for more hitting power (old one+cold riders = death star!)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jizinallover View Post
    hmm is the carnsaur any good?

andd for magic defense problems, is there anything that gives extra dice or any kinda item for a bound spell or anything
    Carnosaurs are nice. Same as most monsters, if you get him into combat he is great. Getting shot, especially by warmachines, is a bummer.

Diadem of power lets you store up to two power dice, to be used in the next dispel phase. The cube of darkness acts as a scroll, with the bonus of ending the magic phase on a 4+. There are also a bunch of one use bound spells.

Welcome to the jungle, I also came over from the wood elves. I good combination for options of what type of army to play.
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -26 (x0)

thanks guys, and yahh i heard kroxis are better alone to, can anyone give me any good tactics or good basic list for 1k for some decent ideas?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1K with decent magic, hitting power and shooting?

Well the point of having Krox's with Skinks is that technically you still get their shooting in javelins and the Krox's pumping up the skinks CC abillity so I think its a good combo.

I would go with either an EOTG+lv2 Skink Priest+magicitem that gives you an extra spell, with the EOTG it becomes for all intents and purposes a lv 3 wizard. At 1K, most armys at best have a 2, giving you an advantage.

Or I would go with a Steggie+Chief+warspear, which will do some real damage on the charge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -26 (x0)

thanks dude, i was thinkinglike ETOGwith the level 3, a block or 2 of saurus, kroxigors with skinks, and razerdons,

at 1k thats probally more then 1000 point but thats just a general idea,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

dont take kroxigor and skink mixed units. A wily opponent only has to target the skinks in unit to out CR anything the Krox might do with its attacks. That and losing the ability to turn is a bummer

Razordons also work better the more you have. So at lower points I would go with sallies since they work far better in singles.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As always it depends on what you are up against.

Remember that you don't have to allocate the skinks/kroxs until you turn in your sheet. Have two seperate army lists, one that has the Kroxigors on their own as a unit and the skinks as seperate units; and another that combines them as one unit.

If you see an opponent that skink/kroxs would work well against (the Undead, GreenSkins, Beastmen), then use the combo unit.

Otherwise, keep them seperate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast