Should I build now or wait for the new rulebook? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Should I build now or wait for the new rulebook?

Morning

Edger to start a lizardman army, I'm hearing of a new warhammer rulebook coming out soon.

Should I start building my list(s) now, or wait?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I would say you could start now. There are some things that will stay in your list no matter what the rules are. Start of with a nice block of warriors, a unit of skirmishers, some terradons, and maybe some cold ones. Don't go overboard on any one thing. Then when the new rules come out, you can expand on these units of necessary, and add in whatever else seems to be appropriate, even expanding on these starting units.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So does the new rule book coming out mean that some parts of our amy could become useless or different then how they currently are in the rule book? I mean is this a rule book change for the game or a new rule book fo the Lizardmen?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Monkeys View Post
    So does the new rule book coming out mean that some parts of our amy could become useless or different then how they currently are in the rule book? I mean is this a rule book change for the game or a new rule book fo the Lizardmen?

It's for the Warhammer game itself.

I've heard things such as full ranks will count as four models across, again, instead of five.

I believe it will be released in July, so hopefully I can pre-order it soon.

@ SirKently - Thanks for the advice. I'll start with small lists, so I can change them when the new WH rulebook is released.

+ Reply to Thread