Two Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two Questions

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Two Questions

I just wanted to ask two questions about the lizardmen because i don't have a fantasy army yet & would like to know a few things before i get them

First Question: Would Kroq-Gar be a good Lord Choice ?

& the Second Question: For the Hero's Choice is Chakax a good choice & just add him to a Temple Guard unit or his he too much for his point cost ?

Thanx. !!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

The consensus seems to be that all of our named characters are over priced. Krog-Gar is a fun lord, and chakax has some good rules, and both can be fun for friendly games. For competitive lists, I would avoid named characters.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

In general all our special characters are overpriced, but this is similar for most other armies.

However you can make a very effective character using the same carnosaur model that kroq gar uses. It will tear up almost everything in a one on one fight with it.

For Chakax, the model is very nice and you can put it in the temple guard as a champion, or use it as a scar veteran/oldblood alternative model. He himself is still however too expensive for what he'll accomplice in a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bizkit View Post
    I just wanted to ask two questions about the lizardmen because i don't have a fantasy army yet & would like to know a few things before i get them

First Question: Would Kroq-Gar be a good Lord Choice ?

& the Second Question: For the Hero's Choice is Chakax a good choice & just add him to a Temple Guard unit or his he too much for his point cost ?

Thanx. !!!
    Chakax is the most annoying tarpit in the game. He is definitely worth it in games of 3K or more, under that, he is very case specific and costly. But if you want an insurance policy for your slann, no other will match him in premiums. Guaranteed. 5x you coverage in the case of accidental death.

Kroq-Gar lets you take a theme heavy list, and has the boon of letting take a unit of saurus cavalry as core. This will be nice for the next edition. Plus, who doesn't want a Tyranosaur named Grymloq! Me, Grymloq, Grymloq KING! (notice that Grymloq has a better statline than a regular carnosaur).

Sure these characters are expensive, but they bring unique things to the table. If these reasons are good enough to your eye, go for it.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    The consensus seems to be that all of our named characters are over priced. Krog-Gar is a fun lord, and chakax has some good rules, and both can be fun for friendly games. For competitive lists, I would avoid named characters.

SirKently
    Cool so they ARE good in friendly games, i want to play a few friendly games first before i play any competitive games just to get used to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Pack View Post
    Chakax is the most annoying tarpit in the game. He is definitely worth it in games of 3K or more, under that, he is very case specific and costly. But if you want an insurance policy for your slann, no other will match him in premiums. Guaranteed. 5x you coverage in the case of accidental death.

Kroq-Gar lets you take a theme heavy list, and has the boon of letting take a unit of saurus cavalry as core. This will be nice for the next edition. Plus, who doesn't want a Tyranosaur named Grymloq! Me, Grymloq, Grymloq KING! (notice that Grymloq has a better statline than a regular carnosaur).

Sure these characters are expensive, but they bring unique things to the table. If these reasons are good enough to your eye, go for it.
    That's one of the reasons why i wouldn't mind using either of these characters because of the unique abilities they have & what they can do/bring to the table & yes they are over priced but because of what you guys said & that they ARE good makes me want to take them even more now.

I just wanted a second opinion from veteran players that have already played &/or own the army, & since we're on the subject of Special Characters would Gor-Rok be good to take as well ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Gor-Rok is the one special that is probably priced pretty close to what he can do. It can be worth takink him.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tetto'Eko is actually a pretty decent named character. If you are going magic heavy and have a slann maxed out with the right disciplines magic and an extra skink priest on EOTG, the ability to have a lot of IR rolls if you do it right.

+ Reply to Thread