Limit of 1 dispel scroll? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Limit of 1 dispel scroll?

Hi everybody. Sirkently recently helped me out with my army list by pointing out that a dispel scroll cannot be combined with another arcane item. After looking through the book i cannot find anywhere where it says dispel can be taken more than once and must there follow the unique rule on page 500. Can anyone please direct me to where it says dispel scrolls cn be taken more then once?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

You won't find a page where it says you can take more than 1 Dispell Scroll, because it's no longer possible, the Scroll Caddy is dead.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, that would be an excellent observation. Thank you very much for clearing that up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are dispell scrolls completly taken out or can you just have the 1 for 25 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can still have one for 25 points but sadly only one

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

As someone else has pointed out though elsewhere, we do have the additional option of taking the cube of darkness. A little more expensive, but acts as a dispel scroll with an additional benefit. Taking out all remains in play spells can be a big boon in this edition.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

considering you can only throw a maximum of 12 die per turn now any more than 1 Scroll would ruin any magic lists now, even now i still feel a bit Grrrr over it. On the plus side a Slann can regularly hit that 12 maximum unlike other races(outside teclis)with TFR

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by coldblooded3k View Post
    considering you can only throw a maximum of 12 die per turn now any more than 1 Scroll would ruin any magic lists now, even now i still feel a bit Grrrr over it. On the plus side a Slann can regularly hit that 12 maximum unlike other races(outside teclis)with TFR
    You can throw more than 12 power dice a turn. Slann do it on a regular basis. You just can't have more than 12 in the pool at any one time.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according too the FAQ TFR count against the pool, i'll do a call tomarrow just too make sure but thats not what i was too understand, i'll repost on a Answer tomarrow

Edit: ahhh yes it is at any one time, wow i've been playing weaker than usual O-o. So TFR only bones itself if you actually roll Box cars on a phase, and even then only for the first spell good show
    Last edited by coldblooded3k; August 10th, 2010 at 04:24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you explain how tfr works exactly? Lets say you have 10 dice in the power pool after your winds of magic roll. If i cast a spell using 1 die do i then add a free die? So could i infact cast 10 spells using 2 dice each?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast