Welcome to Librarium Online!
Hi, this is a unit im really not a fan of, but im looking at its viability in very large games.
The thing is, that you can take any number of kroxigor aslong as you keep adding skinks. So what about 6 or 8 kroxigor in a unit. The questions are about how the unit would rank up and be able to attack:
1. Do all the kroxigor have to go in the second rank?
- or could you have two ranks of kroxigor in the unit?
- i.e. 10 skinks in the front rank, 2 skinks and 4 kroxigor in the second, 2 skinks and 4 kroxigor in the third, 10 skinks in the 4th and all following ranks.
2. How would the rules for a horde work with this set up?
- The unit would be 10 models wide. Therefore it would have access to the horde rules and be able to attack with an extra rank.
- if this extra ranks was kroxigors, could they attack?
- or would this extra rank just be the two extra skinks next to the 1st rank of kroxigor?
With the massive amount of skinks you're going to need to support a unit like this, they're going to be staying steadfast for a very long time, meaning you can dish out the large numbers of kroxigor attackes with regularity, without the kroxigors and thus the offensive poser of the unit getting compromised.
The main problem im seeing is cost. A unit with 8 kroxigors, 64 skinks and full command is 782points. For that much you could get two huge units of saurus, or two large individual units of kroxigor. But cost is one of the major reasons im considering it, because it allows me to play games 3000points larger due to the new %system. (my wall of saurus and multitude of skinks doesn't allow me to go as high in points as it used to)
The end result of all this may just be that these units are pretty much never worth it, but i'd like to at least think about how possible it could be.
Thanks in advance.
So far the T2 Skinks have given up so much Combat Resolution in my last 3 games it hasn't been worth it. I ran them 16 Skinks and 2 Kroxigors with a Standard.
I'm going to run skink skirmishers alone then have my Kroxigors be part of my Specials alone (ie...no skinks).
40K: Tyranid, Necron, Space Wolves
Fantasy: Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarves
1. All kroxigors must be in the second rank.
2. Just the skinks beside the kroxigors could attack.
I have tried it a couple of times, and like romulus says, skinks die way to easy. So you won't be steadfast for as long as you may think.
I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.
Fair enough. Its what I feared. The unit really is as bad as tomb king "heavy" cavalry.
Cheers for input fellas.