Skinks blowpipes mechanics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skinks blowpipes mechanics

I guys,
    I'm a bit confused with 8th ruling about the blowpîpes, and I just want to make sure I understand it all right.

So, blowpipes are multiple shots, -1 to hit.
    Are they quick to fire ?
    Do they suffer from long range or are they considered thrown weapons ?
    Skirmish is screwed over, but do we at least get the advantage of marching (no -1 for skirmishers), shooting multiple shots at long range (if not considered thrown weapons), therefore hitting on 6's, possibly on 5's ?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AFAIK, those are not Quick to Fire weapons. They are just ranged weapons with Multiple Shot (2) and Range 12.
    So, I recently stopped playing them to try the Javlin, and I'm quite satisfied with it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

They are not quick to fire. They do suffer range penalties. They can march and shoot, though they still take -1 for moving. You can use multiple shots if you march.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glirhuin View Post
    So, I recently stopped playing them to try the Javlin, and I'm quite satisfied with it.
    Javlin's are very nice for the simple fact that they also come with shields. This gives us a +6 AS and when we do get into hand to hand then we can also get our +6 parry. this makes getting those WM crews easier since we have alittle more survivablity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow76 View Post
    Javlin's are very nice for the simple fact that they also come with shields. This gives us a +6 AS and when we do get into hand to hand then we can also get our +6 parry. this makes getting those WM crews easier since we have alittle more survivablity.
    You are raising here a question I had yesterday.

In the rulebook it is now said that if a model have a hand weapon + a special weapon + a shield, you do not have the possibility to fight with the hand weapon anymore, you have to fight with the special weapon.

So, for example, the skaven storm vermins (if I pay them a shield), as they have a halberd and a hand weapon, I cannot chose to fight hand weapon + shield to get the parry bonus, I have to fight with the halberd and without shield.

Back to the skink... If I equip them with Javlin and Shield, they also have the hand weapon, but is the javlin a "special weapon" ? Can I fight with it ? Or is this only a ranged weapon and in that case, am I able to fight with the hand weapon to get the parry save ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the BRB, which i dont have in front of me right now, under the weapons section for javelins. it says javelins are used only for shooting, they are not used for hand to hand. this would imply they use their hand weapons for hand to hand; therefore getting the hand weapon and shield parry.

+ Reply to Thread