first game vs vampire counts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first game vs vampire counts

Ok i will be having my very first game in a few weeks time against another noobie with vampire counts. The game is likely gonna be 1500 pts. Now as he is new to the game aswell he doesnt know much. From the sounds of it hes gonna have a load of zombies, corspe cart , ghosts maybee a banshee not sure who will lead maybee conrad or manfred.

What i have so far are 10 skink skirm with blow pipes. 10 skinks with javlin and sheild (ranked up) 15 saurus warriors , skink chief ,slann mage preist and a skink preist.
    My question is what else shall i get and do you guys have any tips on beating VC?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

only tip i can give as im new to lizzards is give the slann bane head + cupped hands of old ones make his general the target of bane head drop a miss cast on him bingo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really think Bane Head + Cupped hands is really going to do much. At most, that's 2 wounds, enough to kill a Vampire but not enough to kill a lord.
    As a few general tips, you might want to take the lore of light with your slaan since the spells therein do extra damage to the undead (lore trait). If you want (though I would deem this "experimental") you could try giving your Skink the Bane Head and the Piranha Blade. According to the FAQ, the two do stack and make 1 wound become 4 on whatever character you choose (1 wound is still 2 on any others). Using the lore of light, if you can get your skink chief to have WS 10 I 10, or even if you can get it Always Strikes First too, you should be able to butcher any enemy character.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

in 1000 Points ur not gonan be going up agaisnt a vampire lord due to the fact VC dont work with out upgrades and the Points stop this from happening unless u wanna take a Vampire Lord whos basicly naked hence bane head + cupped hands and even if it was a lord 2 magic phase's if u get 1st turn good chance u can still make hi head explode and even if u dont blow him up to the Miscast's hes still gonna be weakend and ripe pickings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

More Saurus Warriors or a Temple Guard for your Slann would go a long ways for you.
    40K: Tyranid, Necron, Space Wolves
    Fantasy: Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for all the tips. probably gonna pick up the battalion box if i can find it cheap enough. Any tips for fighting zombies i think hes going for a unit of 70 zombies i think and maybe another one like that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

zombies just die in droves and will 99% of CC to CR even if he use's Forbiden lore (light) to beef them up to WS10 I10 ASF they still wont actually do very much ignore them tbh unless he starts spawning them behind your units then they might be a problem as its drop behind hit u in front make u break run u thorugh the new zomb's but with cold blood and Ld8 most places again zombies are no longer a big concern

if he does worry u with them a little take light and do extra bonus dmg to them or death/shadow and drop Puprle sun / pit of shades on him i find shadow a little better now as pit ddoesnt start from ur mages base and therefore wont eat up your TG and with such Low basic I as long as you get it off b4 he lights up their unlife they die on 2+

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lore of Death, purple sun, makes all models hit take I tests, undead have very poor I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet thank you very much guys. Hes one of those people that have to be the best at everything thats why he picked vampire coz of the imunne to pychologie and he can raise more troops then he starts with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like lore od shadow more. they have 2 spells that do the initiave test thing. both are very nice but the template one is extremely nice. place a 5" template down on a unit of whatever and see their initiave tests fail by the ton. even better it is cast ona 17+.

i also like the hexes from lore of shadows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast