Kroq-Gar or Lord Mazdamundi - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Kroq-Gar or Lord Mazdamundi

I just wanted ask two questions:

Question1:
    Has anyone made a Lizardmen army based on or around Kroq-Gar & Lord Mazdamundi & if so how did they do?

Question 2:
    Are either of these two a good main HQ choice?

I did want to make a list based around Lord Kroak but after reading a few of the other threads concerning him i don't really want to now. All helpful advice is well appreciated thanx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, I think special characters take a lot of the fun outta the game. Building characters is half the fun of building a list, and I build a balanced list designed for use in tournaments (which 90% of the time don't allow special characters anyway). Besides, for 460 points (that's 140 points less than Kroak and 160 points less than Mazdamundi) a Slann Mage-Priest with the Battle Standard, Becalming Cogitation, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, and the Standard of Discipline, in a unit of Temple Guard of course, does far more for quite a bit less (excluding the 355 point unit of 20 Temple Guard with Full Command, but they're great anyway and when buffed...downright terrifying). Give him the Lore of Life or Light and you will DOMINATE people, trust me. Plus, he's your own and you can make whatever backstory, color scheme you want for him. Oh, and those unique spells they know may look enticing, but the Lore of Life is AMAZING. Heal any wounds you may suffer just for casting, ignore miscasts on a 2+ and buff your already awesome spells with Throne of Vines, cast Regrowth on your Temple Guard and Stegadon(s) for a boosted D6+1 wounds recovery. It's borderline ridiculous and is probably a little cheesy...but so fun. lol
    Last edited by Chaos Beast; October 15th, 2010 at 18:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I just realized you asked Kroq-Gar or Mazdamundi. I misread it earlier and thought you asked Kroak or Mazdamundi. Oh, well, Kroq-Gar is even a worse choice from Mazdamundi or Kroak. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont really see the point in taking special charecters, let alone super expensive ones like mazdamundi or kroq gar, especially kroq gar. that guy is just a waste of points, take an old blood with blade of realities and a carnosaur, is loads better and 200 p cheaper!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I will admit I love the skink hero that allows you to redeploy D3 of your unit and knows all of the LOHeavens and gives you that amazing magic phase.

+ Reply to Thread