2nd game vs Vc - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd game vs Vc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd game vs Vc

ok so im playing my friend again next wednesday we are gonna play 1000 pts again as we played a few things wrong last time mainly sink hand weapons with poision(opps) so the result probably would of been a drw instead of a minor victory to me.

anyway long story short i know hes bringing a vamp lord and 2 regular vamps one with forbidden lore(not sure which lore though) Im just wondering whether if i take chameleon skinks should i try and take out the lord who will armoured or would it be best for me to try and take out the vamp with forbidden lore as his other vamps wont have too many spells then.

also can chameleon shoots in the first turn if i deploy them out of my deployment zone i know they cant charge

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Bring a cube of Darkness. Amaing item. We'd have to know more on his list other than his heroes/lord choice. Another good choice against VC is Salamanders for horde destruction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok ive not got a complete list from him yet. but hes told me some of it.
    some has changed from earlier.

a vamp lord with helm of comandment (and somthing else)
    manfred the acolyte with barded nightmare
    at least 20 zombies
    at least 20 skelies
    10 ghouls
    a varghulf
    corpse cart

not sure what else.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I agree that salamanders are good. As is the cube of darkness. Other than that, basic warriors, and I like cold one riders.

And chameleons can shoot first turn no matter where they deploy.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-3 salamenders to kill the 2 horde units some cavalari to take out the vargulf thingy think it can take the cropse cart out too then i am thinking on saurus war units then i dont know what else but plzz make a batle raport plzz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok but ive never done a battle report before. My plan didnt quite work because of the table size could not deploy my scouts effectivly.

ok instead of a full on battle report will write up some hight lights.

turn one.
    Chameleon skinks ended up firing at 10 ghouls killing the whole back rank apart from one (4 )
    ghouls then charged the chameleons on their turn (stand and shoot killed another ghoul)
    ghouls killed all but one chameleon. he failed break test and fled.

turn 2
    chameleon rallyed and shot at ghouls killing one. chameleon was killed via winds of undeath. (no one else in combat yet)

turn 3
    salamander shoots at a zombie unit template ends up over 2 zombie units an kills 1 from one unit and 5 from the other.
    saurus wipe out a unit of 13 zombies (raised)
    zombies charge salamander with lord behind them (helm of command) the salamander kills a few but takes a wound.

turn 4
    spirit host that was created charges saurus warriors(wyssanns wild form) they cause no wounds and all die due to saurus having a banner and +2 rank bonus
    ranked skinks take out whats left of the ghouls.

cant rember much else apart from he never got any lords or his varghulf into combat (to much scenery he couldnt get round) final score 261 VP TO ME 164 TO HIM meaning i missed the minor victory by 3 points. we had to end the game after 6 turns as we needed to go to work. Think i would of won had we continued for the planned 8 turns. Playing again next wednesday with 1200 pts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Good start there. Just a couple things I would advise you about. First off, that chameleon would need snake eyes to rally. Secondly, assuming he rolled snake eyes, he can't fire on the turn he rallies.

Keep up the fight for the old ones,
    SirKently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

opps didnt know the snake eyes thing were is that rule? it doesnt really matter as the ghoul i killed he got 3 back through ION. im sure both of us made some mistakes as it was only our second game.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by P4DDS View Post
    opps didnt know the snake eyes thing were is that rule?
    Page 24 in the BRB. Middle of the second column.

SirKently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok we both had a day off work yesterday so managed to play 3 1200pt games
    I won the first cant rember the score but was a crushing victory
    I won the second 1284 -854
    He won the last 450-0

Now i want to make sure we played these right he did a couple of things that seemed abit overpowered.
    ok first he gave his lord the ethereal rule and put him with wraiths and a banshee is this legal. Also i hit this unit with comet of casandora how do we decide who takes the hits in the unit eg 1 comet marker making 12 hits .

Also with spirit hosts made with winds of undeath he had one with only 2 wounds do they still get to make all 4 attacks?

These ethereal units caused a few problems for me any tips on fighting them?
    last question if he blows up a vamp via miscast do i get VP? we decided that i wouldnt as i didnt cause the damage.

With the comet spell it says once cast cannot be dispelled. Is that if the casting roll meets the casting or does it mean that if it is not dispelled as soon as it is cast then it cant be dispelled.
    Last edited by P4DDS; November 4th, 2010 at 23:38.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast