Lizardmen Experts - Give me your knowledge! Collecting Research! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lizardmen Experts - Give me your knowledge! Collecting Research!

Hey guys, whats up?

I am currently in the process of gathering information to compile short, informative summary videos detailing the different aspects of the different armies of the Warhammer Fantasy world.
    As I have been warned by the moderators to not 'spam', I'll go about this the hard way and beseech you guys until I get my research, then move to the next forum >_<

Okay! So this is where YOU guys come in

Give me your knowledge on the following topics regarding Lizardmen:
    +Fluff / Feel
    +Play Style
    +Advantages (in gaming terms)
    +Disadvantages (in gaming terms)
    + Appearances (obviously the models themselves, the overall LOOK of the army and conversion opportunities)

Essentially the information will be condensed down into a 4-6 minute video that summarises the best information, so be sure to let me know a bunch!

Thanks so much for your help!
    Ghost

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well. to kick this of for you:

Fluff:
    LM are pretty diverse, since they are the oldest race and since there are a lot of lost objects, temples, towers and other places of magic there is a lot you can think up around your LM army! no one can argue when you say that you have an LM army that has been searching for a lost relic under the World edge mountains for example... even though they originate from lustria.

Play style:
    LM is a hard hitting close combat army that is supported by the strongest mages in the warhammer world, the slann. Even though shooting is not the strongest point of an LM army, salamanders and skinks can really annoy enemies and destroy hordes if necessary. Also the walking Bolt thrower (stegadon) gives the shooting fase a bit more punch for the otherwise low strenght shooting fase the LM has.

Advantages:
    Relativly cheap good core infantry (Saurus warriors). Good anti-horde units (Salamanders, Skink Skirmishers). Both fast moving and tough unit types. Very strong magic. Salamanders.

Disadvantages:
    Low initiative, making them die easilly against high strenght opponents (for the saurus warriors). No real shooting power.

Appearances:
    The army has some conversion possibility's especially when it comes to slann, kroxigor or stegadons. The other models are pretty worked out and dont have much conversion possibility's. Although a creative mind always finds a way...

So I hope this will help you in your search for information. I do have to state that im pretty new to LM (ive played with them for a year) but Ive been playing Wood elves for a bit longer so im no greenhorn
    Last edited by TheGuiding; November 30th, 2010 at 22:31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I wouldn't say Lizards are a hard hitting combat army supported by good mages, I'd say Lizards are one of the best magical armies supported by great clost combat. The slann is by far the best wizard in the game, short of named characters (Skilless-Teclis). And the saurus are easily one of the best infantry for their points. We can also do something only a few other armies can do, and still not do it to the extent we can - Field Mass amount of large monsters. The "Jurassic Park" list of lizards is nothing but Carnosaurs and Stegadons. In a 2500, I've brought A carnorsaur, an engine of the gods, two normal stegadons and two ancients. Even in 8th edition, my opponent was speechless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thanks guys!

Anyone else like to provide some feedback?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I would say that with all the saurus units being plastics now there is quite a bit of potential for making some unique command groups and even Kit Bashed Scar-Vets and Old Bloods.
    The other two pretty much have it spot on though.

*I wouldn't say that I'm an expert though.
    Last edited by novatomato; November 17th, 2010 at 05:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LM army can deal to many types of armys if we are going to deal monster infantary then we can use many many skinks and hideing some nasty hard hitting kroxigors that cant be hit in combat and then you have maked the vid can you tell us or someting want to see them
    Last edited by lizardheden; November 29th, 2010 at 12:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im actually gonna take a stand here for the under-used razordons.

These units are often left out of most armies due to standing in the shadow of the great and well-known salamander.
    But I think these guys are greatly undervalued.
    They are possibly horde killers.
    I like running them in packs of 2-3, the thing about these guys is that they get the amount of attacks rolled on the artillery dice.
    so in a unit, this gives them a potential of 30 attacks during the shooting phase, with no penalties WHAT SO EVER for moving, multi shooting, long range, etc.

Now the thig that makes this unit stand out for me is the ability to stand and shoot.
    Not only is this good because you get to shoot once at your enemy before combat, but they also have a special rule which gives them 2!!! art-dice instead of the usual 1.
    This gives them a potential of 60!!!! attacks when being charged.
    This can cause panic in most units if you are a bit lucky with your rolls.
    This also comes with a downside of course.
    If two missfire is rolled, then they eat 2xd3 skinks instead of the usual d3, so yes, maybe not as reliable as their fire breathing brethren, but sure has potential to do crazy amounts of damage, not to mention they are A LOT of fun to play.

I usally use them to guard a flank, since once I explain the rules to my opponent most people will think twice before charging these fear causing needleballs .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

What I find annoying about razordons is if you role 1 misfire on a stand and shoot reaction, it eliminates the other die from that razordon. So you are left with 4 dice in a unit of three. Averaging 24 shots, 12 hits, 6 wounds (assuming T4), of which about half will be saved. And then in combat you die flee to combat resolution.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the way i use razardons are vs high elfs becose they got small super units then i use salamanders vs skevens and like becose a template in a big unit of smallest size mobs that got no LD and then they take a panic test and run i use them to surport mid/flank based on where the targets for them are like razadons dont go near shooters that are 20 in or like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! This is some fantastic information coming through!

Keep it coming guys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast