Slann without temple guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slann without temple guard

Hello All.

I have a 2000 pt game coming up against a Vampire Counts and want to bring a Slann but I am thinking about leaving the temple guard at home. How would you recommend I kit the Slann?

By the way for any who were wondering my last game against the Choas Warriors didn't turn out so well. He managed to take out my slann with the Pit of Shades in the second turn. At the time I didn't know the look out sir rule should have applied. Oh well, live and learn.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, first I would not recommend leaving your Temple Guard home. They are a great combat block, and they are really tough to kill once there is a slann inside. So running them at the front line of you army is a big plus.

If you want to take just the slann... make him ethereal, even though most VC attacks are magical is might help a bit. Give him a good save against magic. And keep him behind your close combat line. If anything get through and attacks him he is finished.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Slann: Lore of shadow
    Disciplines: Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, Higher State of Consciousness, Soul of Stone (or Becalming Cogitation)
    Magic: Divine Plaque of Protection, Obsidian Trinket, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones.

Immune to nonmagical attacks, 2+ ward vs magical shooting, 3+ ward vs spell damage.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread