Frenzied Temple Guard!? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

22 (x1)

Frenzied Temple Guard!?

Well i recently have recieved 20 extra templeguard which now brings the count to 40. I recently played a 1000pt game using a unit of 24 with skink chief bsb with the skaven pelt banner. This unit demolished everythin, there were only 9 temple guard left and the chief when they hit combat, allowing them just to plow through units, my opponent just happened to be skaven so the hatred helped. Now i was considering running a unit of 36 with slann as horde with the skink chief with the banner in this unit, mainly i have been getting extremely frustrated with skaven when my temple guard unit pops in one turn along with the slann to dreaded thirteenth, also this is a 1150 point block that my opponent will most likely never recieve the points for. This is not just to be used against skaven but in general it seems effective. Whats your opinion on this unit?

P.S: before i'm told the skaven pelt banner only effects skinks, i just have to say that is incorrect. It states skinks can only take the banner, but the rules state "the unit gains frenzy untill beaten in combat, and gain hatred against skaven". So again what do you think?

Last edited by Billy; January 16th, 2011 at 19:50.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x1)

From what I've seen it can work on temple Guard, As long as the skink is placed on the side of the unit like it says in the rule book I see no problem with it. Infact I think its actually a very useful Idea. Infact take razor standard on the units bearer and cast bjornas time warp on them, Always strike first with 4 attacks each str 5 armour piercing. Now that is nasty.
    Last edited by Fallen Autarch; January 16th, 2011 at 22:07.
    "Reached under the bed and pulled out a Converse and a beer, I appear to of developed the miraculous power to turn shoes into beer!.... or beer into shoes." - Fallen Autarch after St. Patricks day.

+ Reply to Thread