Salamander questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salamander questions

Maybe someone already asked this but here goes:

What do our handlers count as? This came up in a recent battle we had.
    They dont fight, as far as i know, so are they just wound counters or do they block line of sight, get charged etc?

Also, do salamanders get skirmishers bonus? -1 to shooting against them. I cant find anything that states otherwise so thats how i play it.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They do fight in close combat! But they cant be targeted in CC since they rank up behind the sally and therefor count as second rank.

But for line of sight and charging they are no more than fancy wound counters. All this is explained in the monster & handler sections in the BRB.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDow View Post
    What do our handlers count as? This came up in a recent battle we had.
    They dont fight, as far as i know, so are they just wound counters or do they block line of sight, get charged etc?
    They count as handlers for the monsters and handlers rule. They fight whatever is in contact with there monster, but can't be attacked back. They are not in any way wound counters. Salamanders can and do take wounds. They can be wounded by the transfer of wound from the salamanders as per the monsters and handlers rule.

Also, do salamanders get skirmishers bonus? -1 to shooting against them. I cant find anything that states otherwise so thats how i play it.
    They have the skirmish rule, so they get the -1 to be hit by shooting. There is no unit strength adendum as there was in 7th edition.
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the replies

+ Reply to Thread