Which Lore to Use Against Dark Elves! 2500 Point Games - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Which Lore to Use Against Dark Elves! 2500 Point Games

Hey everyone, I'm pretty knew to WHFB, I'm playing a friend of mine this coming Friday, he uses DE and he's using a pretty competitive list. Basically I was wondering which lore would be the best to put on my slann? I was thinking either the lore of life(obviously because it rocks!) or lore of light. My reasoning for lore of light is because of spells like: The Speed of Light(WS 10 AND Initiative 10!) Pha's Protection(Great against a shooty army like DE) and since there will always be hydras in a competitive DE list(in my opponents case 2) Shem's Burning Gaze(D6 S4 Flaming Attacks, or D6 S6 With Increased Cast). I mean lets be honest lore of light is one seriously sweet lore, and there are 7 spells in a lore(I've only named 3!).
    Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Both choices are good. But I would put in a vote for the lowly lore of fire. Some good direct damage spells, some nice utility spells, and most are relatively low casting values.

I would also suggest becalming cogitation, as there magic phase can get gruesome.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Currently the 3000 point list I'm fielding against dark elves tomorrow, I'm taking shadow on my slann. He'll be running around by himself casting as many hexes as possible each magic phase. I have never tried a build like this before, but I hear it works pretty well. Now I'm wondering if I could give him fire, would it be as effective as shadow if he's off by himself?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

If you are running a lone slann, always take shadow. Its the most effective way of keeping him out of harms way. To run fire, you have to be in a block of troops. Saurus with the crown of command while ethereal or in a temple guard bunker. I prefer the former, but both are viable.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    Last edited by sirkently; November 6th, 2011 at 04:26.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread