Which 500 Pts Lilst Is Better? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 pts (502)

1 scar-veteran 118
    tzunki
    tepok
    Great weapon
    Light armour
    shield

3 terradon 105

14 saurus warriors 180
    standard
    handweapon
    shield

16 skinks 96
    javalin, shield

(49
    1 scar-veteran 113
    Tepok spawning
    LA, shield
    Great weapon

3 terradon 105

14 saurus 198
    Full Command
    shield, HW

12 skinks 84
    blowpipe
    scout

Which do you think is better and how can I inprove that list?
    I really like Terradons, so I want to have them in this list if possible

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the second list is better, because they are more flexible. skinks with shields are a waste because they still only get a 6+ save but sacrifice a second poisoned attack a turn. if you use blowpipes you get the 2 poisoned attacks a turn, which can only be good.
    I really like giving hand weapons and shields to my combat units because they benefit from the extra armour, which makes saurus especially hard to shift. remember their front rank gets the extra attack too, which makes them as effective as other races spearmen.
    unfortunately I dont remember what the tepok spawning does, but is that the anti-magic one?
    Maireann croĆ* Ć©adrom i bhfad - A light heart lives longest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, both lists seem to be over-inflated a bit. In 500 pts, Tzunki is definitely not worth it, and I'm not sure Tepok is worth it either, as a magicky 500 pt army will be so weak in numbers that your troops should run them over. Still, it does'nt hurt. Same goes for the terradons, they're a great unit, but do you really need to spend a fifth of your army on three skinks? For the same price you could get both of the skink units with extras. You can add a champion for the saurus if you want, depending on how many points are left over, but I wouldn't take a musician. Or you could drop the terradons and the skinks and take two units of saurus ...or not...

Also, only give skinks blowpipes in combination with scout. Otherwise they will die faster getting in range and probably not be eligible for 2x poison shooting once they get there anyway...
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely...
    but it rocks absolutely, too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with a 12" move and -1 to hit by shooting, your skinks will be quite safe to get into shooting range with their blowpipes (12") and suffer no long range modifier and can always shoot twice at those enemies within range. the scouts special rule, unless youre going to be playing on a heavily forested board, is a waste of points. in most games you will get to shoot in either your 1st or 2nd turn anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell, scrap both lists. Personally i prefer mine

1 Scar-Vet 85 points

16 Sarus with hand weapons and shields 198 points

16 Sarus with hand weapons and shields 198 points

Total: 481 points

Can't remember it they don't already come with shields, but if you need numbers, replace one of the squads with 2 things of 24 skinks. This army is just a measley $70, and can be extended a bit.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Amid the darkness and horror of a world splintering apart, the armies of the true creators, we who were ancient at the dawn of time, will march forth once more. We shall sweep away all that is chaos and disorder for ours is the true path and none shall defy us.</div>
    Translation from ancient plaques attributed to Venerable Lord Kroak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with those extra 19 points left over you should be able to equip one of those saurus units with spears too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Draegath@Dec 28 2004, 09:20
    with those extra 19 points left over you should be able to equip one of those saurus units with spears too.
    [snapback]287807[/snapback]
    Yea. Didn&#39;t think of that. Although it&#39;s a waste not to use the Sarus&#39; second attack. But then again, +1 str on the charge, and second row can attack through the first row. Stalemate.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Amid the darkness and horror of a world splintering apart, the armies of the true creators, we who were ancient at the dawn of time, will march forth once more. We shall sweep away all that is chaos and disorder for ours is the true path and none shall defy us.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Settra the imperishable@Dec 25 2004, 09:29
    500 pts (502)

1 scar-veteran 93
    tzunki
    tepok
    Great weapon
    Light armour
    sheild
    [snapback]286011[/snapback]
    I just realized this, but you really need to recount this. 1 Scar-Vet with Tzunki and Tepok alone is 110 points. With Great weapon, light armor and shield, that comes to a total of 118 points. I think you didn&#39;t count the Blessed Spawnings, because it says you may choose up to 2 blessed spawnings, but that still means you have to pay for those blessed spawnings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the &#39;93&#39; is wrong, but it still comes to 499.
    105+180+96+93=474
    474+2 spawnings=499
    changed it, thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spears are subject to different rules if theyre in the hands of horsemen or foot soldiers.
    if the warrior is mounted, spears confer +1S on the charge. If given to a warrior on foot, they allow a second rank to attack if stationary. not both unfortunately. however, saurus still get their additional attack from the front rank, which is what makes their spearmen so good - if stationary (ie, if they get charged or are already in combat) then they get 2 attacks from the front rank and 1 from the second

+ Reply to Thread