[list] Lizardmen Army [1000] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone I'm new to Warhammer and this forum(actually this is the first forum I ever joined). I've been reading all about different army and stuff and I picked the Lizardmen. My friends are going to be using High Elves, Tombkings, Orcs & Goblins, Empire, and the Wood Elves. The army I think I will buy is:

1 Saurus Lord on foot
    2 Skink Priests
    24 Skinks
    16 Saurus
    2 kroxigors
    2 terradon riders
    1 Salamander and crew

This is what I was thinking about anyway, again I'm completely new to warhammer so any suggestions would be great!

Thnx!

*looks down* wow built in spell check I think I'll need that!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Evan8433@Feb 10 2005, 07:19
    Hey everyone I'm new to Warhammer and this forum(actually this is the first forum I ever joined). I've been reading all about different army and stuff and I picked the Lizardmen. My friends are going to be using High Elves, Tombkings, Orcs & Goblins, Empire, and the Wood Elves. The army I think I will buy is:

1 Saurus Lord on foot
    2 Skink Priests
    24 Skinks
    16 Saurus
    2 kroxigors
    2 terradon riders
    1 Salamander and crew

This is what I was thinking about anyway, again I'm completely new to warhammer so any suggestions would be great!

Thnx!

*looks down* wow built in spell check I think I'll need that!
    [snapback]325341[/snapback]
    I think it's look good but kroxigors and terradons must be at least 3 in unit size
    www.druchii.net DE forum

www.omegaproject.se/ Swedish Forum

a.k.a Tharashar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Gar Loq@Feb 10 2005, 103
    I think it's look good but kroxigors and terradons must be at least 3 in unit size
    [snapback]325381[/snapback]
    I was afraid something like that was going to happen . Well due to the amount of money I have to spend I can either drop the 2 terradons and get 3 kroxigors altogether or drop the kroxigors and get 4 terradon things(i can get more terradons cause they are cheaper). So what would you guys suggest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

And I don't advise you to take only 1 salamander. I do advise to choose 1 (kroxies, terradons or sallies) and take a unit of 3 of them. Or maybe 4 for the terradons, if you choose them.
    Put points you spare in items, spawnings. The lizzies have nice spawnings, nobody else has them and they're wonderfull.

I assume you meant a saurus hero, not a lord? Lord characters are only for 2000p and greater and this looks like a 1000p army.

Much joy and I hope we can help.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Araith@Feb 10 2005, 12:31
    And I don't advise you to take only 1 salamander. I do advise to choose 1 (kroxies, terradons or sallies) and take a unit of 3 of them. Or maybe 4 for the terradons, if you choose them.
    Put points you spare in items, spawnings. The lizzies have nice spawnings, nobody else has them and they're wonderfull.

I assume you meant a saurus hero, not a lord? Lord characters are only for 2000p and greater and this looks like a 1000p army.

Much joy and I hope we can help.
    Tai'shar
    [snapback]325452[/snapback]
    Ya i meant Hero not lord it just said lord on the site i am ordering it from so i just thought it may be a name, much like i heard the salamanders fire balls or fire breath or whatever don't actually do fire damage. Anyways I decided to ditch the salamander and the terradons and go with 3 kroxigors and an extra regiment of saurus. this changes my list to:

saurus hero
    2 skink priests
    24 skinks
    32 saurus warriors
    3 kroxigors

how does this one sound? any more helpful suggestions from any1? not just on the army anymore but maybe some general tactics for it just for some idea? anyways thnx! you've been so much help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are being a bit vague do you have any idea how you r gonna use these guys? Like wot size is each saurus unit gonna be. Are you going to put your hero in with one of the squads. Do you have the rulebook and army book?
    In the end there is only war.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Kraktor@Feb 10 2005, 16:16
    You are being a bit vague do you have any idea how you r gonna use these guys? Like wot size is each saurus unit gonna be. Are you going to put your hero in with one of the squads. Do you have the rulebook and army book?
    [snapback]325594[/snapback]
    I don't have the books yet, my friends has them and is gunne give them to me, but I just mean generally does the army have potential, ya i know asking for tactics was a bit pointless when i really gave no idea of what everyone is equiped with. I just threw in the number of guys i'm goin to own and wanted to know if it was possible for them to be good. I should have the books tommorow with any luck tho so i might throw in point values then. so basically all i want to know is it possible to make a good or at least decent 1000 point army with them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say split the skinks into as many units as possible. There's not much point of bunching them together as they are likely to be butchered as a result of the enemy charging or shooting them.
    Still, do bring lots of skinks. Their posion darts can really make a dent in the opponents ranks if you're lucky and they're real handy at stopping the enemy from marching. Keep'em close to your Old-blood in order to act as a screen, their unimpressive leadership could really use a general nearby.

I'd also recommend against fielding the old-blood as a single character, an ordinary scar-veteran has almost the same capabilities at a lot lower price. Unless you're planning on adding a carnosaur into the mix ( probably not a very good idea at 1000pts&#33 a scar-veteran could serve your needs far better.

Go with salamanders I'd say, the're tons of fun against targets with low toughness. Just keep them out of close combat and remember that they have a 15" range. A unit of 3 salamanders can potentially wipe out 30 enemy units in a single attack. Great for anti-infantry duty.

Kroxigors can also be useful I think. Try throwing in a Jungle swarm in order to stall the enemy and then charge them in the flank with your fear-causing ogre-like kroxigors. If only they had inpact hits they would be perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK you cant have a lord in a 1000pts army and i think from what you have pointed out there you will have a bit more then 1000pts. And i suggest against the single jungle swarm i would prefer 10 skinks then 1 swarm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Originally posted by Evan8433@Feb 10 2005, 20:48
    saurus hero
    2 skink priests
    24 skinks
    32 saurus warriors
    3 kroxigors

[snapback]325569[/snapback]
    Saurus Scar Veteran
    Light Armour, Shield, Great Weapon, Venom of Firefly Frog

Skink Priest
    Second level, 2x Dispell Scrolls

Saurus Warrios
    15 Saurus, Champion
    Close combat weapon, shield, full command

Saurus Warrios
    15 Saurus, Champion
    Close combat weapon, shield, full command

Skink Skirmishers
    10 Skink
    Javelins, Shield

Skink Skirmishers
    10 Skink
    Javelins, Shield

Kroxigors
    3 Kroxigors
    Great weapon

Total 996

Pretty solid list if you ask me, also you have to buy one less blister with skink heroes.
    "As I walk through the valley of LO I fear no spammer, because I got the power to ban"

Of Trui and Gay

A Chaos Space Marines Diary

Svenska Rackham Sidan

troopseses!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast