1000pts Lizardman - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---------------------------------------------
    1 Saurus Scar-Veteren - 174pts
    sword of strikeing, light armour, shield
    spawning of tlazcotl, spawning of quetzl
    dispel scroll
    16 Saurus Warriors - 222pts
    musician, standard bearer, champion

24 Skink Skirmishers - 173pts
    scouts, brave

3 Kroxigor - 194pts
    kroxigor acient

Stegadon - 235pts
    ---------------------------------------------

one of my mates has written up a 1000pts lizardman army
    what do you guys think
    (I have no idea whats going on with lizzys, I stick to my rats)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

Since the skinks have the scouts rule, I assume they will scout. Then your friend is in serious trouble when facing a shooty army. His saurus and kroxies will be shot to pieces.
    The same with a cavalry heavy army, they can charge right into the Saurus and kroxies.
    Both those things are exactly what the enemy wants with saurus and kroxies. Either shoot us from afar or charge us and kill enough of us before we start killing them, in which we are good.
    But if he's facing none of that, there's no problem.

If I were him, and I knew to be facing cav or shooters, I'd drop the scouts rule and 1 saurus. Make it 30 skink, divided in 3 units of 10.
    2 units to screen the saurus and the kroxies and the third unit with the brave to hold some terrain on the flanks.
    The scar-vet can join the saurus, where he will do more good than alone anyway.

Finally I personally doubt whether a steg is worth it in a 1k army, but that's just a hunch. I've never tried it. IMO salamanders work better.
    Anyway, it's a small hardhitting army. Handle it good, and you will kick ass.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol well his main foe is me and as a skaven clan skryre army... shooty is what I do best
    BUT due to me being such a damn nice guy, I will tell him to fix the probs when I see him next..

on a side note would it be worth him useing flyers due to the 2 units of Jezzails I field in 1000pt games??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, only wizards can use arcane items, so a scar-vet can't have a dispel scroll. If he want's a dispel scroll he needs a skink priest. He definitely needs to have a skink screen in front of his line. He should probably drop the stegadon and as for terradons they can be awesome as long as he keeps them out of your fire arc. Salamanders are awesome vs. skaven if they get a shot or two off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Saurus Scar-Veteran - 129pts
    sword of battle
    light armour, shield
    mark of Quetzl
    15 Saurus warriors - 240pts
    hand weapons
    shields
    musician, standard bearer, spawning champion
    mark of Quetzl

Skink Priest - 130pts
    level 2 wizard
    blood statuette of spite

3 Kroxigors - 194pts
    great weapons
    kroxigor ancient

5 Terradons - 185pts
    brave

10 skink skirmishers - 60pts
    hand weapons, blowpipes

10 skink skirmishers - 60pts
    hand weapons, blowpipes

army battle poodle - 2pts
    (has a stat line of 0 in all fields)
    (added due to my hate of armylists that don't add up)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

ok I have used as much of my mates list as I could, and added a few of your ideas and after reading his armybook added a few of my own bits to it. (I don't understand why he did not want magic items, some of the lizzy items rock)
    now... is my list and his list even? (see Skaven 1000pts/Cyber rats who can resist)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the guy that is collecting lizardman that griff sent in what would be the best way to paint them and which colour also i am thinking of expanding to 2000pts what would you add.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

army battle poodle - 2pts
    (has a stat line of 0 in all fields)
    (added due to my hate of armylists that don't add up)
    lol

Paint them in whatever color you wish. GW paints them turqoise, but I've also seen them in blue, jade and green. Even red for that matter.
    And you've got the spawning of Quetzl, so you could make the scales look more bony. Perhaps by painting thin lines of bleached bone on the rims and crests of the scales.

As for expanding to 2000 pts. If you start with the last list Griff sent, I'd add 1 unit of saurus at least. A steg or a pack of salamanders (I prefer the last). And a second priest. Maybe a third or a spawning of Tepok if you expect heavy magic on Griff's side.
    At least try to cast Comet of Casandra. Very good on that massed vermin, and the Old Ones will be pleased too.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do u think of the colour skeme basecoat lighting bolt blue with a blue ink over the top with the scales bleaced bone or like a old boney colour(browny white) or instead of lighting for basecoat i was thinking of jade blue would u add some hard hitting stuff to add or not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Nathan hooper@Mar 20 2005, 09:29
    what do u think of the colour skeme basecoat lighting bolt blue with a blue ink over the top with the scales bleaced bone or like a old boney colour(browny white) or instead of lighting for basecoat i was thinking of jade blue would u add some hard hitting stuff to add or not
    [snapback]356717[/snapback]
    Does the paitn really matter? This game is about having fun, although painting is a principal part of that, lol.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Amid the darkness and horror of a world splintering apart, the armies of the true creators, we who were ancient at the dawn of time, will march forth once more. We shall sweep away all that is chaos and disorder for ours is the true path and none shall defy us.</div>
    Translation from ancient plaques attributed to Venerable Lord Kroak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never seen a color scheme like that before. Paint a test model and if you like it, use it, if not, try a different color scheme. Sounds like it would be a very distinctive army.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast