Best Blessed Spawnings? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Blessed Spawnings?

Just wanted to scan the crowd for opinions on what the best Blessed Spawnings are. Of course, I could see them all being useful depending on the situation and who you are fighting, but I'm looking to add two blessed spawnings to a large Saurus regiment to add as a Rare choice. I want this regiment to take a key role in my balanced force that I'm going to use against any race, so the Spawnings have to be useful against pretty well any enemy on a "regular" battlefield. So I guess the better question is, what Blessed Spawnings are best together?

Right now, I'm torn as to what to turn my Saurus into. I'm thinking of using a large regiment of about 24 warriors, so I can have 4 ranks of 6. I really want these to be the elite of my army, but as to what those elite Saurus do, I'm not sure yet.

I'm thinking of either:

A. Sotek and Quetzl - to make them the standard heavy infantry w/ Removed on the charge andRemoved

B. Quetzl and Tlazcotl - to make them very hard to break (Removedand Removed)

C. Tlazcotl and Tepok - to make a buffering unit Removeddice) that will be around for a long time (24 Saurus,Removed)

D. Some other option - I'm open to suggestions; I'm really just looking for a good regiment of elite troops that can provide both a solid defence and a good offence against all comers

As always, thanks for any input.

Please do not post the Blessings Rules - Knape

Last edited by Knape97; May 20th, 2005 at 17:33.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

I'd go for something like Quetzl and Tepok. That way you get a better protected unit that adds to your magical defence. Unfortunately, they happen to be two of the three most expensive spawnings that a unit can get. The thing is you won't need Tlazcotl all the time, and with Sotek, you won't get the benefit all the time. So if you want a really general purpose Rare Saurus unit, spawnings that you always get the benefit from are ideal.
    Although I think that unless you're playing a game that features lots of swamps, ponds and rivers, the spawning of Tzunki is next to useless in pretty much any game you'll play...
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch_Lord
    Although I think that unless you're playing a game that features lots of swamps, ponds and rivers, the spawning of Tzunki is next to useless in pretty much any game you'll play...
    As is Huanchi if the game does not feature woods and jungle. In a Lustria rules based battle this is a complete different matter.

+ Reply to Thread