Lizzies vs Dark elves.....im stuck - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lizzies vs Dark elves.....im stuck

Alright me and my buddy play alot of warhammer. he plays dark elves i play lizzies. im stuck, i cant beat him. we played 10 games this last week and i only won one of them....and it was considered a draw on vp scale. we play an odd number of points, 1500, so i am unable to bring a slann or anything else godly good. the main strategy to his army is shoot me up with his crossbowmen then bring in the heavy stuff: executioners, witch elves, corsairs, and dark elf riders. i tried screening my units with skinks....but he just kills those first and second turn leaving everythign exposed. I played 3 salamanders (the only thing that makes him cry) two blocks of 16 saurus with quetzl spawn, i used sacred host list figured an armor save or two would help and it did with a 3+ save in cc, i also fielded some SCOR's and subed in terradons a few games too. i had a skink priest but he did didly squat. im really at a loss. he palys the same type of army i would liek to play....sit back and wait for them to come to me.....only he does better cuz of his 24" crossbowmen. any advice would help me out.

im thinking i may need to get a more offensive list but i dont really have any ides of what i should do.

...and you do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around, thats what its all about.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

First off, post up your armylist, we might get to see what's wrong with it and what needs to be improved.

Second how many skink units do you use? do you use cameleon skinks?

magic won't work too much on dark elves.

Post this up and we'll help you out ^_^
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

first off, lizardmen are not a "sit back and wait for the enemy" army... especially without a slann

you need to be mildly agressive, and your list appears to reflect this (salamanders, terradons, cavalry).

to deal with massed crossbows and repeater bolt throwers, go for scouting skinks and/or a FSOD

also, i wouldn't take a skink priest, instead just take tepok on your saurus characters and possibly a unit. personally id also make the saurus units larger...

i would concentrate most of your shooting on the witch elves and crossbowmen, whilst ignoring the corsairs. remember the weakness of elves is toughness 3...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK heres the list i used the most. remeber i switched things out and such for different games.

16X saurus
    ---------------
    Quetzl spawning, full command, hand weap and sheild

16X saurus
    ---------------
    same thing

5 terradons
    ----------------

Skink priest
    ----------------
    level 2, lore of death, power stone (i had 25 extra points)

12x skinks
    ----------------
    javelins
    quetzl
    scouts

12x skinks
    ----------------
    javelins
    quetzl

12X skinks
    ----------------
    javelins
    quetzl

3x salamanders
    ----------------

thats the list. the salamanders basically took out what they could half witch elves...or half corsairs....but those things woudl get clsoe to me and jsut murder me. the saurs did well.....but really couldnt handel anything guess he would outnumber me. i think i went over on the skinks...but i was trying to not play proxies or anything and thats all i had enough points for without proxiing.
    ...and you do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around, thats what its all about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, you need to be more aggresive, especially watch your flanks. Terradons and any cavalry you have will be useful. Spread out the salamanders a little and also screen them with some skinks, if they block line of sight, i don't know if they do. Otherwise, play more aggresively and get inot combat fast, dark elf magic can suck, so avoid it.
    The blood of the many outweigh the blood of the few.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for some odd unknown reason my friend does not use magic...he onyl had two dispel dice the whole game. he had an assain which rocked my suarus with high ws....which mnakes it hard as hell to hit him back. the skinks in front of the salamander do not block LOS i dont think because of them being skirmishers and all. and me being offensive i dont htink is gonna help much cuz he outnumbers me with superior units: 20 each corsairs, withc elves executioners. and then 12 dark elf riders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skink priest
    ----------------
    level 2, lore of death, power stone (i had 25 extra points)
    You can only have lore of the heavens
    U have no saurus heroes? A unit of saurus cav would be useful, providing he doesn't have a repeater bolt. They absorb large amounts of fire. Kroxigors are exellent too for that purpose. If u are scared of his archers, then take a scouting skink squad, FSOD, terradons or something to tie them up (terradons v. good at this) so they can't shoot. protect your terrradons with terrain and never charge up straight.(providing he has large amounts of archers) Plus, where does his assasin hide? In the corsairs's regiment? I wouldn't worry about him to the point where I have to change my whole army list. Just stick a scar veteran with a healthy scimitar , great weapon or whatever and cleave him to little pieces.

ALso, if you have the points, take a stegadon if he doesn't have a reapeater bolt thrower. The arrows wil be magically attracted to it and usually doesn't kill it =D Then rush in a flank charge or something on the corsiars or witch elves Before they reach combat if possible and let the terror work! (if it does...) it's fun seeing them scattering. Then just reach combat and use ur stegadon to charge them down!

I hate dark riders for a good reason. Be thankful he doesn't have COKS. Shoot them with ur sallies if he isn't careful and watch them fall like a piece of paper under fire =D . if that isn't possible, just use a skink unit to tie it up while it is blocking the los of the archers. Remember, once in combat, nothing that is ranged except for a *few* things can harm u! which means u have to rush quickquickquick!

PS: do u play with terrain? it could help u agasint crossbow fire.

All I can think of now, will post later if can think of more

THE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you need two units of skink screens, especially with no kroxigors, unless I missed that on the list. If you do have kroxies, leave em at home agains the delves cuz s7 is a bit over kill on t3. Drop the power stone on the skink priest, give him a dispel scroll, perhaps drop him to lv1 and give him two dispel scrolls so h es just anti magic. Add another skink unit, but with scouting. Terradons are nice, you might consider taking another unit of them instead of the COR in a 1500 pt game. You need to be fast and harrow him with your terradons until your main force reaches them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I would loose the skink priest for a scar vet with the charm of the jaguar, and a great weapon, I'll charge the shades or corsairs form across the table, and alot of players don't see it coming with the movement of 9''
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the reason he has lore of death was becasue i took a sacred host list. i liek all the ideas so far im thinking of trying the FSOD idea. i treid having a unit of scouting skinks.....but his dark elf riders murdered them with their fast cavalry free reform junk. thanks though i liek all the ideas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast