Blessed spawnings - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blessed spawnings

Hi all!

Was just wondering what BS you give your saurus units, as i am currently painting my new army (just started warhammer about a month or so ago) and can't decide what BS i will give my saurus (ie i change my mind from game to game, depending on what i take in my army and what i am facing). The problem i have is it would be difficult to represent 3 or 4 spawnings on my saurus just in case i decide to use them (as i couldn't put purple on them to represent the BS of Tepok, then in my next game decide i want them to have the BS of quetzl or Chotec etc.)
    So....if you guys could give me a hand by telling me what spawnings you give your guys and the reasons, or maybe think of a way to represent a few different spawnings on my saurus or something, then i would really appreciate it!

Thanks guys

....He is coming for YOU....
    "Master Bungle is right" - Stonehambey
    "Get out of my house Master Bungle!" - Victim

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The army book only says 'usually' when referencing the colours of spawnings... if you want to make a Sotek blessed Saurus unit that is marked out with purple instead of red, it's perfectly legal.

Personally my whole army is painted in the same scheme because it's a Sacred Host of Quetzl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

the sacred spawning of Queztle is always good and the spawning of tzunki is my number 2.

EDIT: Oh yeah.... reasons..... Queztl is good because it makes the unit that nmuch more durable so more saraus get to smash things.... Tzunki is good so your characters can sometimes strike at the same time as the enemy and becasse it is invaluable against dwarfs, trust be it makes a world of difference against dwarves......
    Last edited by Tenozuma; August 20th, 2005 at 15:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

All spawnings have their use.

Ever tried Huanchi against WE or in a Lustria game? It really pays off.

Quetzl and Tzunki for the reasons stated above.

Sotek is really usefull on a JSoD or characters on Cold Ones/Carnosaur. They can be relied upon to get the charge, thus making it worthwhile.

Tlazcotl is priceless against Undead armies. Priceless. And for a unit of Saurus guarding a Slann it also pays off.

Tepok is a cheap alternative for Skink Priests. You just miss the scrolls, but can make it up for a lot of DD. First kit characters, then units.

Chotec is rarely taken, but can make for a nasty surprise when you break an opponent. Should try it out.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

+ Reply to Thread