What to use? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

What to use?

Tomorro my local games workshop is doing a very big lustria game on a 12x4 feet table. I have atleast 1 unit of everything except for chameleon skinks but I wpn't be able to use all of my force because many other people will be playing. I still havn't finished my lizardmen army (not by a long shot) but this is what I curreltly have:

2 Slann
    1 Oldblood on carnosaur
    2 Saurus characters on foot
    2 Skink Priests

24 old saurus
    16 old skinks
    32 new saurus
    24 new skinks
    5 jungle swarms
    24 temple guard

3 kroxigors
    3 terradons

3 salamanders
    1 converted stegadon (they won't let me use it)

What stuff should I bring?

I'll probably have several lizardmen players supporting me to make up for my weaknesses (not enough terradons or kroxigors for starters) and I'll probably have to share most of my army with the new players and only control a few units...... damm 10 year olds.......

Last edited by Tenozuma; October 8th, 2005 at 12:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

For starters, how large must the army be?
    Further, any clue about what the others (friend and foe) will field? Which armies?

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

I've already done the battle now but as I said, about a dozen or more people were playing so I had no idea what I would be up against.

The mission was to capture the golden artifacts which started slightly closer to the enemies side and whoever had the most at the end wins, if you take one off your enemies board edge, they can't get it back. My swarms took 1 first turn and lost it on the very last turn, only for the salamanders to charge in and take it again and my kroxigors got one from the chariot only for it to be snatched back from their grasp by another unit of chosen knorne super-freaks.

I went pretty (very) well, my skink priest killed a couple of silver helms first turn with the good thunder spell (I can't remember its name) and the rest failed their panic check and fled off the table. 2nd turn, my salamanders completely eliminated a unit of glade riders and my carnosaur lord nailed a high elf griffon lord. (only the enemy were allowed magic items) My terradons got rid of a unit of empire hunter guys and my kroxigors nailed a khorne super chariot of death. My slann and temple guard didn't do much all game, all he did was make a unit of 10 archers not be able to use thier bows with some metal spell and kill a chaos warrior. My unit of jungle swarms held up a von carstein vampire and his large unit of grave guard (which all had the most expensive upgrades. for the whole game. One of my saurus units protected my allies slann. The other (which was a unit of 12 with no command) got taken down by a large unit of choses khorne warriors with a khorne lord. My skinks killed a chaos warrior or 2.......... my third unit of saurus (unit of 12) killed the archers that didn't have bows anymore. It was pretty fun except for the chaos player who kept bending the rules, cheating, moving my stuff and gloating when he destroyed a 150 point unit with a 500 point unit.... damm I hate that kid..... anyway......... Everyone performed well except the slann and perhaps the saurus....... All my army was spread out so I really had to take on 2 armies at the same time with little support (a stegadon and a unit of saurus)

We lost in the end, they held 4 and we held 2 (go me) but really if the game had a few more turns or was based off victory points, we would have slaugtered them, they had a unit of chaos left and we had 2 units of about 30 saurus, a unit of 3 salamandes, 3 terradons, a unit of 12 saurus, 2 slaan and 12 temple guard and a carnosaur lord who didn't even take a wound.

The encounters really didn't kill anything for either side and it was fun and I reckon thats what matters.
    Last edited by Tenozuma; October 8th, 2005 at 12:29.

Dark Eldar player.

Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x5)

Sry I couldn't be of help. But then, one afternoon for such a topic is kinda short...
    I hope I can be of assistance a next time.

One question, they could use magic items, and you didn't?

Tai'shar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

Yep, thats what I said. They had some super khorne champion with some super knorne weapon that kills saurus is a super khorne kind of way. I think its to make up for the fact that on the other side of the board (12 feet away) we had a couple of giant units of saurus so we probably outnumbered them on that side but on my flank eventually those khorne guys took my saurus out of the game. I still had my slann and temple guard, my salamanders, my terradons, 1 unit of saurus and a fleeing unit of skinks oh, and my carnosaur lord.

The games workshop guys at my store are pretty wierd and enjoy argueing more than anything. Seriously no matter what you say, they will take up a contradictory viewpoint. I once had an argument on firstly the good/badness of techno music and secondly whether techno really even is music.

And I seem to remember saying that our side would probably win it....... so...... yeah.....
    1 more thing, they said that our slaan can only be 5th generation and can only cast 1 spell per turn. And the enemies didn't have to roll to cast the spell, so the level 2 high elf wizard kept casting conflagation of doom or something like that.

Sorry for whining...... Half of me accepted it but the other half insists that they had an advatage from the beginning..... I must be a sore loser................

anyhow.....

Dance! doooododooooo....... naanaanaana.... can't touch this!

Dark Eldar player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x5)

So let me get this straight.
    You could not use magic weapons, they could.
    You Slann could only be 5th Generation.
    You could only cast 1 spell per wizard per turn, they as many as they wanted.
    You did have to roll to cast, they didn't
    It looks like you guys got screwed big time. Whose idea was this?

Tai'shar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

Staff descision. but on one flank we had more points than them by quite a bit, but they din't get the golden thing anyway because these ambushing beastmen came along that must have been so fun for the bestmen player, makes me want to start them myself.

Dark Eldar player.

+ Reply to Thread